Why does my $200 Popcorn Hour A-110 play videos more smoothly than a $700 Mac mini?
removed.

mods, please delete this post.
First off, you should step back and realize that your problem is just that...your problem. Its not a universal thing. Having said that, you really shouldn't use "scene" rips as your baseline. Most of them are garbage transcodes anyway. And if one piece of equipment runs garbage better than the other, then so be it.

I have a 2010 Mini and I promise you that it can handle properly transcoded DVD rips just fine. On top of that, can now handle full BluRay rips and 10.6.4 and above (see fix). So, your best bet is to rip a DVD yourself (use Handbrake /bias) and I'm sure you will see that it works fine.
Because it has a dedicated chip to do just that.

Why does a $50 circular saw cut better than my $200 drill? Because cutting a sheet of plywood with a drill sucks (And yes, I have done it, more like perforated and snapped off)
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:Because it has a dedicated chip to do just that.

Why does a $50 circular saw cut better than my $200 drill? Because cutting a sheet of plywood with a drill sucks.

Rofl awesome analogy. actually... perfect analogy!!

this is why they keep you around Wink Rofl
Turns out it was really just an issue with PLEX 9. Looks like there are some issues with smooth playback from reading the forums over there.

For now, I will stick with XBMC.

Thanks Davilla.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why does my $200 Popcorn Hour A-110 play videos more smoothly than a $700 Mac mini?0