4.2.1 untethered is available now!
I wouldnt try it yet. let someone else verify that it at least works on the iPhone or iPad first.
I just asked him to see if it works on atv2. Lets see if he replies.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
valkur Wrote:I wouldnt try it yet. let someone else verify that it at least works on the iPhone or iPad first.

I'm with you. I'll at least wait until the next time I need to reboot the aTV2... until then the 020311 build fixed most of the probs I noticed.

The jb is likely to go a couple iterations while the bugs get worked out... same with the instructions too. Until then... I got some tv to watch.
Make sure you save your SHSH blobs using Tiny Umbrella ASAP! As per the Devs, the exploit is patched in 4.3 (soon to be released), and Apple will stop signing 4.2.1 around the same time, at which point you would be out of luck until a 4.3 exploit is released.

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/
looks like it will work.. as I read that this will work on all devices, "no one will be left out"

I just fear the part where it counts down to put the iphone/ipad in DFU.. the ATV does it a bit differently.

as soon as the untethered JB comes out.. I'm buying one of these bad boys for my parents. with me providing them the properly named shows.. it should be a breeze for them.
*** greenpois0n 1.0 RC5 ***

> Description of the software:

greenpois0n will Jailbreak your iDevice.

> Supported iDevices:

- iPod Touch 2G (all bootroms)
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad 1G
- iPhone 3Gs (all bootroms)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 Verizon (_not_tested_)
- AppleTV 2

> Requirements (check this !)

- a supported device (see above)
- the device should run iOS 4.2.1. Please check on the device in the Settings -> General -> About page.
If your device is running an older version, please upgrade iOS first using iTunes.
*** If you want to SIM Unlock, preserve your baseband using TinyUmbrella ¨***
- at least MacOSX 10.5

> Notes (checks this also !)

- if your device is jailbroken with iPhone Dev Team's Monte, please restore to fresh 4.2.1. first
- if Cydia doesn't show up after Loader, you may need to reboot the device
- this version of greenpois0n doesn't include a patched activation system. You'll need to activate your device using iTunes
- WE DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY !

> Instructions

1. plug the device to your computer using the USB cable
2. quit iTunes if it shows up
3. start greenpois0n.app
4. follow instructions
5. the device will boot a 1st time with verbose text on screen. This operation will install the jailbreak on the device.
6. the device will reboot normally
7. start the Loader application (green icon on the SpringBoard), and follow instructions to install Cydia

> Credits (alphabetical order)

Chronic-Dev Team (follow us on twitter):
- AriX : @AriX
- chronic : @Chronic
- DHowett : @DHowett
- jan0 : @0naj
- Jaywalker : @Jaywalker9988
- OPK : @iOPK
- pod2g : @pod2g
- posixninja : @p0sixninja
- semaphore : @notcom
- westbaer : @westbaer

Greetings: chpwn, comex, geohot

> Donations:

Donations are always greatly appreciated and will permit to buy new devices to make tests for future jailbreaks. ( http://www.greenpois0n.com )
didnt work for me. after running the app it says jailbreak completed but cannot ssh into the atv.
yep, JB not working for me either, but at least it didnt brick Smile
THE DEVS SAY IT WON'T WORK ON ATV
asked firecore and read the official sites.
Don't try it.

Take care.
http://www.jailbreakqa.com/questions/328...pple-tv-2g

Guys... give them a little time.
look at this video on nitotv twitter feed http://nitosoft.com/ATV2/gp/slick_pois0n.mov
shows it working.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
that movie doesn't show what iOS version it's running.

could possibly be running the older 4.1, since they a earlier version of Greenpois0n to JB it.
Daniel-san Wrote:that movie doesn't show what iOS version it's running.

could possibly be running the older 4.1, since they a earlier version of Greenpois0n to JB it.

from another forum (not me, another user):

"NitoSoft has tweeted (after that .mov link) that RC5 was not ready for ATV2, to be patient it would be ready soon - the movie shows that it's possible, but needs a tweak to work."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4.2.1 untethered is available now!0