[WINDOWS] Couple of possible n00b questions
Hi all,

I have a couple of Q's that I'm struggling a little with, hoping the answers are obvious and simple Smile Running XBMC 10.0 “Dharma” on Win7 32bit

1) Is there a function to remove a movie from the library and have it not be re-added when the library next updates? I spent a fair while removing some stuff after the first scan and was irked to see they just got re-added next time I opened XBMC. I'd prefer not to mess around with the advancedsettings.xml file just to ignore certain files. It would be a little tedious to do this for each file/folder I want to ignore when they don't have a common string I could use a regular expression on.

2) Marking a whole season/whole collection of TV shows as watched doesn't seem to work. It only seems to work when you do it for individual episodes. Am I missing something here or is it a known bug?

Thanks in advance Smile
Peekz Wrote:Hi all,

I have a couple of Q's that I'm struggling a little with, hoping the answers are obvious and simple Smile Running XBMC 10.0 “Dharma” on Win7 32bit

1) Is there a function to remove a movie from the library and have it not be re-added when the library next updates? I spent a fair while removing some stuff after the first scan and was irked to see they just got re-added next time I opened XBMC. I'd prefer not to mess around with the advancedsettings.xml file just to ignore certain files. It would be a little tedious to do this for each file/folder I want to ignore when they don't have a common string I could use a regular expression on.

2) Marking a whole season/whole collection of TV shows as watched doesn't seem to work. It only seems to work when you do it for individual episodes. Am I missing something here or is it a known bug?

Thanks in advance Smile

1) If your movie is inside a directory (i.e. the usual file structure), then after removing it, go back to that directory, bring up context menu, and then select Set Content, and choose that this directory has "None" (among choice of movie, music,...), and also check the option to prevent library update at the bottom.
Aha! Thank you sir, I will try that when I get home Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Couple of possible n00b questions0