[WINDOWS] Random Freezing with DXVA Enabled [debug log posted]
I am having serious problems with XBMC 10.0 that I cannot for the life of me figure out.

During playback of x264 MKV files, XBMC will lockup/pause at random times for about 30 seconds, usually 10-20 minutes into playback. When this happens the video either resumes, or sometimes it will spit me back into the library screen (the video stops). I can play the file again and it works fine. This usually only happens once per video, but sometimes it happens more.

Everything is played from the local hard disk which is set not to spin down in the power settings in Windows. At first I thought it was a problem with a hard drive, but the drive has been replaced.

The system runs flawlessly and has passed Memtest86 and a Passmark burn-in. I run no anti-virus software. This continues to occur even after a fresh re-install of Windows and a clean install of XBMC with a new database.

CPU: Intel i3 530
Board: Gigabyte H55M-USB3
RAM: G-Skill 8GB DDR3 RAM
HDD: OCZ Vertex 2 60GB (OS Drive with XBMC) + WD 2TB Caviar Black (Drive Containing Videos)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6850

Now, from my testing so far, this doesn't seem to occur when DXVA is disabled.

Currently using the new Catalyst 11.1 Drivers, and a on-board Realtek chipset (ALC889) with the R2.57 drivers to output audio over HDMI. All files will playback in VLC with no problem.

Please help! This is driving me crazy and would appreciate someone looking into this.

My full debug log is located here:

http://pastebin.com/CRkBz70e

I quit XBMC/stopped logging shortly after one of these freezing events occurred. There's some importing going on I think at the same time (I use SickBeard), but that's never affected anything before and it happens even when SickBeard is idle.

Thanks so much!
Sorry to be "that" guy, but does anyone have an ideas on this? It's really become troublesome. If you need any additional info I will be happy to give it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Random Freezing with DXVA Enabled [debug log posted]0