Will it be possible to launch Netflix from within XBMC?
Does anyone know if it will ever be possible to launch Netflix from within XBMC? If it is possible, is there a plan to do it anytime soon or could someone point me in a direction to look into implementing it? If I could launch Netflix from within XBMC and then exit from it back to XBMC, I would never have to ever exit XBMC back to the Apple TV interface.
There is a plugin for Windows only because Silverlight and DRM do not play nice with Linux. You can download it from the xbmc.org addons (default addon location).
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:There is a plugin for Windows only because Silverlight and DRM do not play nice with Linux. You can download it from the xbmc.org addons (default addon location).

I'm aware of the add-on, but I was assuming/hoping that maybe the Netflix in Apple TV was just an app that could be launched or something like that. If they could somehow link it within XBMC, that would work great but I don't even know if its possible or how it's implemented in Apple TV.
That's a good suggestion. The app must be loaded somewhere on the ATV files. If we could just create a shortcut to it, that would be great.
Not possible, frontrow items are plugins, not apps. They are called frapps. They work singular and pushed onto the frontrow controller stack. Push a frapp, pops the previous frapp.
davilla Wrote:Push a frapp, pops the previous frapp.

Push a frapp, pop a frapp. Hmm.. might have to make that a sig. Laugh Nod
davilla Wrote:Not possible, frontrow items are plugins, not apps. They are called frapps. They work singular and pushed onto the frontrow controller stack. Push a frapp, pops the previous frapp.

Darn. Would it be somehow possible to launch it and quit XBMC anyway? If anything it would at least save a step from having to quit XBMC and then launch Netflix. At worst, maybe a script solution? Thanks for any insight you can give.
Darknight Wrote:Darn. Would it be somehow possible to launch it and quit XBMC anyway? If anything it would at least save a step from having to quit XBMC and then launch Netflix. At worst, maybe a script solution? Thanks for any insight you can give.

short answer, no Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will it be possible to launch Netflix from within XBMC?0