XBMC on Apple TV 2
Question 
My roommate and I have just installed XBMC on his Apple TV, and we cannot access any of our files with it. We can get in and see the folders, but we can't see any of the video files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Hey, sometimes it is just too easy...

Please read the online help and FAQ's first.
But since this is your first post:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_Sources

you have to tell XBMC where everything is, then you let it scrape (catch the metadata of all movies) and then it pops up in your movies section.

Greets.
I'm guessing that you're in library mode and havn't actually scraped the library. Instead of going into Movies, go into Videos.. you should find them all in there ready to be scraped into the Library.
I have my videos all there (as a file list) but I don't know how to initiate the scraping of my folders and videos. The reason is that I have to use the apple remote and I did not find out where and how to get the files scraped.
apit Wrote:I have my videos all there (as a file list) but I don't know how to initiate the scraping of my folders and videos. The reason is that I have to use the apple remote and I did not find out where and how to get the files scraped.

In files mode highlight the folder you wish to scrape, hold down the menu button until the context menu pops up, select "set content". Hopefully it will be self explanatory from there. If not check the wiki for more information.

I know for a fact that this exact question has been covered several times in the iOS thread so do try and use search in the future.
can anyone tell me where can i find xbmc for nokia n8 symbian S^3
I know how to get the "information" for a TV Series or a single Movie, but I do not find out how to initiate the scraping of all my video files.

I have experience with XBMC on the original Xbox, on a Mac, on a WinPC ... so I am not a complete Newbie, but since I used Plex for almost a Year on my Mac Mini probably I've forgotten some routines or they have changed. Now I restart with XBMC on ATV2...
apit Wrote:I know how to get the "information" for a TV Series or a single Movie, but I do not find out how to initiate the scraping of all my video files.

I have experience with XBMC on the original Xbox, on a Mac, on a WinPC ... so I am not a complete Newbie, but since I used Plex for almost a Year on my Mac Mini probably I've forgotten some routines or they have changed. Now I restart with XBMC on ATV2...

You do exactly what I said up there ^^

There's nothing more to it...

Try reading the wiki its all in there.
yukscorner Wrote:can anyone tell me where can i find xbmc for nokia n8 symbian S^3

Nowhere.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:I... If not check the wiki for more information.
I know for a fact that this exact question has been covered several times in the iOS thread so do try and use search in the future.

read here! there is not really a lot around....
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=713076&postcount=9
apit Wrote:read here! there is not really a lot around....
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=713076&postcount=9

I was referring to the wiki on adding content to your library.

I already told you how to use the remote in the first post. You press and hold the menu button to bring up the context menu. You then use "set content" to tell xbmc what is in the folder, if you select "automatically scan.." then it will scrape all your movies. You can then bring up the context menu and use "scan for new content" to scan a particular folder or "update library" to scan all folders.

I'm failing to see what the problem is.
apit Wrote:I know how to get the "information" for a TV Series or a single Movie, but I do not find out how to initiate the scraping of all my video files.

If you are familiar with Plex, try PleXBMC, as it is a way to have Plex Media Server (PMS) manage your media library, and access it through XBMC, without having to add shares, or any files into your XBMC library at all.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:I was referring to the wiki on adding content to your library.I already told you how to use the remote in the first post. You press and hold the menu button to bring up the context menu. You then use "set content" to tell xbmc what is in the folder, if you select "automatically scan.." then it will scrape all your movies. You can then bring up the context menu and use "scan for new content" to scan a particular folder or "update library" to scan all folders.I'm failing to see what the problem is.
The Problem is that I cannot scrape my whole directory with the videofiles. The automatic scraping does not give any results, which leaves the library empty. When I perform a manual scan of each of my videofiles then everything is OK and the movies show up in the library.

ergo... automatic scan of my videofiles directory does not work for whatever reason.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Apple TV 20