Thumb show correctly in File Mode, but show Screen Cap in Library Mode
I have a problem with a number of the movies in my library.

While the vast majority of the movies have imported correctly, there is about 15% that have not. These films do not show the correct artwork on the "Wall" I use and they do not have a Movies Details page either.

How can this have happened and is there any way I can get the library to rescan these films?

Thanks
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10439
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
From what I can understand, that is not the same issue as I am suffering from.
Well could be a lot of things... here are a few things to start looking at.

1. are you sharing from Samba server to windows?
2. are they 2 file movies (cd1.avi; cd2.avi) and the second one has a screenshot?
3. did you use a 3rd party app to create nfo and tbn files? which one?
4. what settings did you use to scrape? make sure you select "user folder name ..." in the option to use local files. This is not default and has to be set when you add a source.
5. check your "stacking" settings.
6. Can you refresh from the internet? what scraper are you using and does that movie have a link from there (example: search IMDB with file name and see if you get the correct movie).
7. Is it only on the "Wall" view? or in all views? have you tried a different skin (I dont think this will do anything as it sounds like it is in your library).

Those are a few things I would start looking at. if everything still seems fine I would post back in here with a little more detail. I think it is either 2 or 4(4 combined with 6 that is).

Good luck and hope that helps.

SoBBie
Thank you for taking the time to help. I'll try and answer these as completely as possible.

1. My files are held on a Windows 7 PC, I have 5 different drives on that PC, each contains a folder with Movies in it. The source I have for movies is a multipath source, with each folder links in the same way:

smb://BARRY-PC/ChildrensFilms
smb://BARRY-PC/MoviesW
smb://BARRY-PC/MoviesX
smb://BARRY-PC/MoviesY
smb://BARRY-PC/MoviesZ

Each of these folder's Sharing and Security setting are identical.

2. No, the files are all single files.

3. No 3rd party app was used, although I have used one in the past, all .nfo files were deleted from the folders, and XBMC is a fresh install.

4. The settings for this source are as follows:
Directory Contains "Movies" and "The MovieDB"
Run Automated Scan - Not Selected
Use Folder Names For Lookups - Not Selected

5. I haven't touch the Stacking settings.

6. The files are seemingly locked, which means I cannot do anything to them.

7. This issue is present in all views.

In looking into this closer, I have realised that it is all the files held in one of the folders that have the problem, so I am going to triple check all the sharing and security settings.
I have found a difference in the security setting. Not in the folder, but in the hard drive the folder resides. The Guest permissions on that drive were not set to "Full Control" as they were on another drive.

Not sure if this is the key to my issue, and I am now not sure how to rescan for movie details for the files that didn't import properly. Short of deleting the database and rescanning the whole lot.

Any tips?
I have now tried moving a Movie from the problem folder and rescanning. The Movie didn't disappear from the Library so I tried to delete manually, except that wont work either!?

Moving the movie back into the problem folder, renaming it slightly then updating the library producing a second entry in the library with no thumbnail at all, which I am still unable to delete manually!?

Very strange.

Gonna try rebooting the PC the shares are on, see if that helps.
No, the old switch off and back on again has not helped.

Aaaarrghhh I'm stuck!
Okay, after some sleep and a day at work I have taken the time to look into this again. I deleted the Library and rescanned with the new Security settings for that hard drive (mentioned above) and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Cool!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumb show correctly in File Mode, but show Screen Cap in Library Mode0