[Windows]Rom Browser freezing
I don't know if this is an issue. I just installed Rom Browser for the first time and it seems to be configured but when I start it XBMC freezes. Is this a code issue?
Which version of XBMC and RCB are you using? What does it say in the log before it freezes?
My config:

XBMC Dharma
Windows 7
320gb HD
1gb Ram
Nvidia ION video

I'll have to turn logging on. In the meantime, I've had some serious issues finding the config files for it. Where should they be in windows 7?
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser

But AppData is hidden by default. So you may have to make it visible to get to your userdata folder.
Gotcha.

Maybe I haven't configured it right?
I don't think I set the roms directory....where do I go to do that? I forgot to mention, it's freezing on the initial setup....that might be a little more relevant now that I think of it. I was thinking maybe I misconfigured the thing but I completely removed it and pulled it down from a repo and had the same freezing issue.

On a side note, I can now choose a platform and go through the config.....this is a little odd. Before it was just freezing at this point.
So, it is still freezing after you go through the config wizard or during the config wizard?

Did you try to delete the complete content of the folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.g ames.rom.collection.browser?

And please, if you still have the problem, show me the content of your xbmc.log file. You can use the XBMC Debug Log script or just check the file C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log yourself and post it here or (better) upload it at pastebin and post the link here.
After completely removing everything and then installing again from a repository the problem seems to have gone away. However, it is still slogging through the rom list for MAME. It's on R right now and it's been going all night.
Uh, damn. You are scraping your MAME roms with the 0.7.10 version from repository? I am afraid you won't be very happy with the result as there is no real good source for MAME roms implemented in the 0.7 version.

Full MAME support came with the latest test version that is not yet available in the repo as there are some features that we are still adding and some small bug fixes. But you will have much better results for MAME than with the previous version.
Ouch.

version 8 was the one that was freezing. It won't even get to the initial config screen. Ideas?
Version 0.8 is working afaik. No known serious bugs or anything like this. Maybe you could give it a try again with starting from a clean config. And if you still have trouble please post a log file that I can see what went wrong with it.
Ok I got it going...seems that portable isn't so nice. It's scanning as we speak.
I spoke too soon...I've got version .8 on there but it's only showing a single game. I'm doing this only with MAME. Is there some trick I'm maybe missing?
Did you check your filter settings? Maybe you have selected a special combination (publisher, year, etc.) hat only occurs once.

What did the log say after importing games? Maybe there was an error in your config?

There are also some scrapeResult_xxx files in your userdata folder showing what games could not be found.
I don't think so. I'll have to get into my logs tonight, but it was only listing 2 games total. Is there some way to reconfig version .8 so it asks for directories and the like all over again?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows]Rom Browser freezing0