Best Skin for Apple Tv 2?
Is there a theme for the home screen as well or not? How do you customize the home screen or main menu? Besides weather and mainmenu slideshow.
Raspberry Pi-B with Raspbmc
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
LG PA75U Projector with 113" DIY screen
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Denon AVR S500BT with Klipsch Reference series 5.1 setup
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

I just tried out a bunch of them on my ATV2, my favorites are XeeBo and Quartz so far with Quartz being the one I chose for the time being.

Skins I've tried:
  • Back Row (I like the look but this crashed on me a few times and was very laggy)
  • Confluence (Great default theme however I really wanted something that can do a bit more with favorites and playlists)
  • Quartz (My current favorite -- Has not crashed on me yet. Simplistic menu design and I like the way you can move to the left and 'page down' with the scroll bar. Looks like there's a lot of customization that can be done and I haven't really taken a look at the options yet. Also looking at the addon's support thread it looks like the developer is very active in its development)
  • Simplicity (Personally did not enjoy the look of this one)
  • Transparency! (Way too busy for me, I immediately switched)
  • XeeBo (I enjoyed the look of this one and was the runner up, but it would crash whenever I tried to bring up the context menu where there wasn't one and I couldn't figure out how to get to playlists. It was also constantly updating my library? <= not sure about this part yet but I switched because of the crashing)

So I guess one more vote for Quartz for me. After installing the repo I had to restart XBMC to get the skin to show up.
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

akevit Wrote:[*]Confluence (Great default theme however I really wanted something that can do a bit more with favorites and playlists

You might check my Confluence-MOD...
Runs also smooth on the ATV2...

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:You might check my Confluence-MOD...

mm

Thanks I'll check it out, so far I'm really enjoying the Quartz skin though.
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

mad-max Wrote:You might check my Confluence-MOD...

mm

I'd love to try the confluence mod as it seems to have what I want, but how in the heck can you increase the opacity of the menus? Light grey text on a transparent menu with a white background (settings) is next to impossible to read.

Almost all of the menus are simply impossible to read without a massive amount of squinting and guess work. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to increase the opacity.
monkeybounce Wrote:I'd love to try the confluence mod as it seems to have what I want, but how in the heck can you increase the opacity of the menus? Light grey text on a transparent menu with a white background (settings) is next to impossible to read.

Almost all of the menus are simply impossible to read without a massive amount of squinting and guess work. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to increase the opacity.

There seems to be something wrong...
Can you post a log and screenshot?

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Log: http://pastebin.com/uU9Nh6Lt
Screenshot (this is on an ATV2, so it's more of a picture than a screenshot. Smile )
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid...MgAoFgKbsg -- Settings Menu
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid...EB0B95!194 - Movie View

I installed (twice now)from the XBMC Nerds repo, so no idea what's going on. Log doesn't show any errors that I can find.
And inexplicably, it's working now. I feel like I was just missing an image/texture, but I have no clue....
I like Quartz, but I experienced VERY long loading times when bringing up my movie collection (roundabout 500 items).

Is this just me or does this happen to you guys as well?
I have xbmc version 11.0 Eden Beta3 on ATV2.
can I have NIGHT skin? is it compatible with it?

thanks!

Edit : never mind, i ssh and got it into ATV2, then it appears in settings.
I LOVE Quartz. For me there have been only two real options for the ATV:

Quartz
reFocus

I was on reFocus for about a year and needed a change. Quartz was the right call. The use of black in the theme makes it very pleasant for evenings. With a 55 incher, a Brit image can really flood a room.

will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Skin for Apple Tv 2?0