Best Skin for Apple Tv 2?
Check the one from my sig and post your findings regarding speed and usability, even if you decide not to use it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

ajnicho Wrote:Confluence Is by far the fastest. Only problem with xtv is that when I go in to movies it still brings up Tv shows
ajnicho,

Do you have content set to TV for your TV shows? Are you using the SVN build from the Passion repo or the last 'official' (v1.0.2) build from a zip file?

If it's working correctly from Confluence, but not from my skin, that's a bug that I need to stomp.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Confluence, Mediastream and XeeBo (love the simplicity & speed of this skin). For me, every other skin was causing a lag in the UI.
eTip Wrote:Confluence, Mediastream and XeeBo (love the simplicity & speed of this skin). For me, every other skin was causing a lag in the UI.

Quartz was causing lag ? Hardly possible.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@eTip,

absolutely no lag on ATV2 with xTV(SAF) skin. Maybe it's related to your configuration ?

Greetings
angryjack
Apple-TV2 with JB 4.2.1, XBMC Eden with Quartz skin
Quarz is the best!
I've been using ZStream for a while and really like it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=zstream
I find Quartz to be very good, no lag & very nice interface
Rapier works very well...
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
tomwrob Wrote:I find Quartz to be very good, no lag & very nice interface

I agree. Had been using confluence for the most part, but quartz is nice, simple and quick!!
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
I take it they are not located in the xbmc repo because mine has three. Do you just ssh them to your apple tv one at a time. Is there a skin that will allow you to have your favorites on the home screen. Ex weather, videos, icefilms, TED, MUSIC, and so on. Basically moving thing out of addon and on to the ho e screen.
Quartz is linked in my signature. I hope to push it to a main repo soon.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

JumperJeff Wrote:I've been using ZStream for a while and really like it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=zstream

how to install this skin to AT2? It's a zip folder, not zip addon (easy to install)
zipfolder can use way : install from zip file?
So the answer is
ALL OF THEM

(lol)

Maybe a thread on "Which skins performance makes ATV2 choppy?" would have been better

BTW: I vote Transparency! for best skin. Yes it is choppy on ATV2 but not on ATV1. But it has so much eye candy, I over look the choppy-ness
reFocus works great, no lag at all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Skin for Apple Tv 2?0