A few Beginner question
Hi all,

thank you very much for this great software. I installed it and tested it a few days now and it's really fantastic. A few things I did not find in the wiki which would help me. Perhaps someone has an idea.

1) Start AUDIOCDs or DVDs (if available) when starting XBMC. Perhaps there's an commandline Option for this?

2) Start DVD or Blu-Ray Folder on hard disk. Of course it is possible to start with the play button but it would be great if selecting a DVD Folder and then starting the Video behind it

3) Is there a SMS keyboard available? My Remote only sends 0-9 and I don't use a mouse. Would be godd if it works like a SMS keyboards e.g. 2 for a then b then c then 2 and repeating.

Regards,

Alex
Hello,

Can't help you with your first two request as I rip all of my stuff to avi files. As for the remote question, if yours is an MCE remote, you can use the procedure in this thread to get it working:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179

Hope you enjoy your XBMC experience!

Mark
Hi,

thank you very much for the information.

To number 3:

If you want to use the SMS Style (e.g. for remotes) then you have to add a keyboard.xml to your userdata/keymaps folder with this content:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>

<zero>Number0</zero>
      <one>Number1</one>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>

</keyboard>
  </global>
   <VirtualKeyboard>
    <keyboard>
      <zero>Number0</zero>
      <one>Number1</one>
      <two>Number2</two>
      <three>Number3</three>
      <four>Number4</four>
      <five>Number5</five>
      <six>Number6</six>
      <seven>Number7</seven>
      <eight>Number8</eight>
      <nine>Number9</nine>
      <backspace>Backspace</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </VirtualKeyboard>
</keymap>

Additionally you have to set "remote keyboard" setting under settings_System_Input Devices. Only then the SMS style works

If someone has an idea to Point 1 and 2 would be very happy if you write it:-)

Regards,

A
alex.ba Wrote:If someone has an idea to Point 1 and 2 would be very happy if you write it:-)

Re point 2, I don't think there is any way to achieve this when you're in File View. However if you enable Library Mode selecting the title will play it.

It's not obvious that selecting should play a folder when you're using file view. The whole point of a file view is to show files.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few Beginner question0