XBMC Apple TV: Remote stops working after sleep
Hi all,

i'm using current XBMC Launcher on my aTV 40GB.
But i have a weird problem: Often, when aTV wakes up after sleep, the remote works fine in the aTVs OS. But when starting XBMC, it does not react at all. I have to hard reboot the aTV to get the remote working in XBMC again.

Any suggestions? It doesn't matter if i use the aTV remote or my Harmony 515.
Maetrik - I've had a similar problem, but my TV is also connected to a satellite box. If I turn on the sat before I turn the tv on, and then later want to watch XBMC, I have to hard reboot ATV as I'm guessing that maybe it cuts the connection between the ATV and the tv. I've tried turning the tv on and off, all cycling thru the "sources' 1,2, S-video, HDMI, but in the end I have to hard reboot. So I always must turn the TV on first, see XBMC screen, then turn the sat on, and later can watch XBMC.
So if anyone out in cyberland can explain this mysterious phenenomen (sarcasm for those whose culture doesn't recognize it) advice would be appreciated.
its not only the remote thing in my case, just noticed another weired issue. after watching tv and switching back to aTV i always get the OS the be shown on tv, but after starting xbmc i often get either a blackscreen or the remote does not work in xbmc. i have to hard reboot the atv as well.
i dunno if it startet after i setup my harmony, my girl says it has also been before.
noone else with similar problems?
I also have those problems also, but not all the time Huh One other thing that I tried which is completely strange but works with the hard reboot, is to unpair (hold left button and menu until u see the remote unpair symbol) the Apple remote.
Then the remote works again.....just the opposite of what it should do ?
This crap happen intermittently as I said, sometimes not for weeks.
I'm also wondering if a momentary electric system cut, when I'm not watching TV, could be a hidden cause ?
None of this happened until I upgraded to Dharma - so it could be a tiny bug, as I'm
loving Dharma and all the new functionality.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Apple TV: Remote stops working after sleep0