[Windows]:- Support for CystalHD removed in final release?
Hi Folks,

i've noticed that from RC2 --> release, that there is no longer an option for CrystalHD in the video playback menu...

and secondly, xbmc is not using the crystalHD decoder in the debug overlay screen, using ff-show instead.

am i missing something?

I would go back and check with the old RC2 files, but i cant get to them anymore?

-Boris
*waves madly*... help?
Sorry man... Don't run Windows with my CrystalHD card. I'm not sure how much development went into the Windows version either... The only official XBMC drivers are for OSX and Linux so I'm not sure.
so it worked fined in RC2, but for some reason, has gone tits up in the final release?
Please post a debug log (don't forget to turn on debug logging), it will say why the chd option is not there.
hey Bobo, ok, thanks for that, i wanted to check if it was in the final release or if it got dropped for some reason. I cant see anything obvious in the debug tho?
DEBUG: CDVDFactoryCodec: compiled in hardware support: CrystalHD:yes DXVA:yes

Serisously, i just upgraded from RC2 --> 10.0 and changed nothing... all the settings for my audio output were identical, so the installer obviously didnt have issues with that... just the crystalHD radio button has gone off with the fairies?

debug at:
http://pastebin.com/etsvczZx

Movie playing screenshot:

Video settings screenshot:
Can you restart xbmc after turning on debug logging, and then post the log.
here you go mate:
http://pastebin.com/0iLSLiCa
Ok sorry to bother you again, but it seems that the crystalhd code writes to LOGDEBUG before the guisettings are read, thus any logging that the crystalhd code does never gets written to the log.

Can you make a shortcut to xbmc.exe, add --debug after the filename, start xbmc using that shortcut, then post the log again.
The detection code logging was fine as I remember seeing it the logfile.
deleted the rest as it was not dharma related.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Does this mean that the CrystalHD does or does not work in XBMC on Windows?
Looking at getting one to upgrade my Atom-based system
Yer sorry guys, i'm away for work now, for the next two weeks. i will update this thread when i get back.

if you guys would like me to donate some cards to the dev team, PM me.
WiSo Wrote:The detection code logging was fine as I remember seeing it the logfile.

It only shows in debug builds, in release builds the loglevel is set to LOGDEBUG after the guisetting is read, and the chd code writes to LOGDEBUG before that.
So I purchased one of the BCM970015 chips and should get it in the next month or so.
Hoping that it will work with XBMC on Windows? Is this the case?
(Running it on Server 2003)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows]:- Support for CystalHD removed in final release?0