[ATV 2] pkg was interrupted,....
Folks,

I get this error...

"pkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem."

every time I try to install XBMC two ways....using NitoTV (the install XBMC portal) and through Terminal.

I searched Google for answers, but did not find anyone else with the same issue. I have no clue as to what this error is about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
how about showing the entire results from the apt-get install ?
Thanks for helping!

All I get is that error message. Period. Nothing else.

Same message on both NitoTV XBMC install, and when I ssh into the ATV....

Last login: Sun Feb 6 07:40:20 on ttys000
UserName:~ MyName$ ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:
Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install wget
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
Apple-TV:~ root#
AnyoneHuh?
I'd say do what it's telling you to do.
was just about to say.. It's giving you instructions on how to fix the problem.. how about trying them?
And it's telling me to do whatHuh Geeze....you guys are a HUGE help.

manually run 'dpkg --configure -a.....and you two are the only ones that know what that means.

Care to share?
gezz

ssh in

type the following without the quotes

"dpkg --configure -a"
.....I tried that. Next?

Instead of explaining ....therefore answering my question... why that happened (apparently) only to me, you give that answer.

No XBMC for me. You are an idiot. Sorry.
That "Idiot" did the iOS port.

And it clearly told you what to do.

Code:
Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install wget
E: dpkg was interrupted, [b]you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.[/b]

And "why" it was interrupted? Who knows. Your net dropped, your computer hiccuped, you had some particles fall from the universe through your CPU.

I also like apt-get -f install, usually fixes most of my apt problems.

After you ran the command, what did it say?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
...just because he/she did the iOS port, doesn't mean he/she has to have an attitude. No wait, I stand corrected.

And it did not clearly tell me what to do... I am not a developer, and before some a-hole chimes in and says I shouldn't be putting XBMC on a ATV, then the whole point of this forum is mute. Think about it folks.

Sorry, my net did not drop, my computer (and also the ATV, read my original question) did not hiccup. Again, insulting comments like: "you had some particles fall from the universe through your CPU." do not help, are not funny, and somewhat pathetic on your part (because you had no clue as to why I got that error....nothing at all wrong with that, just admit you don't know. It's okay!

Received the "~ root#".....really can't go anywhere from there Huh
"Again, insulting comments like: "you had some particles fall from the universe through your CPU." do not help, are not funny, "

I thought it was funny..............

BTW, the poster you just got snarky with was trying to help you and mentioned a couple possible explanations (net drop, computer hiccup).
If you know what happened that you can tell him that it wasnt a net drop or a computer hiccup, then you should fix the problem yourself.
Thumbs Up 
peteranton Wrote:.....I tried that. Next?

Try re-seating the flux capacitor.
Dan Gleibitz Wrote:Try re-seating the flux capacitor.

I lol'ed
Hey smart ass. Since you are not getting the answer you want or can not do as instructed, why don't you just go into itunes and restore back to original apple firmware. Then you can either walk away or give it another try from scratch and see if the same error happens again.
Seriously the only ass here is you. And then going into other threads to simply spread your bile is not cool.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV 2] pkg was interrupted,....0