[Apple TV] CrystalHD ON/OFF stuttering
After the installation of the new 70015 my 720p and 1080p videos were finally running smoothly. The happyness did not last much though; after a while the usual stuttering restarted again (almost as before the CrystalHD installation). A full reboot of the ATV solves everything but after a few movies you need to reboot again if you need to watch a 720p. It is more or less the same problem with all formats and containers.

I know the first ChrystalHD drivers had some "memory release"issues. Is this still the case ?

I have Dharma (svn 35567), ATV with OSX and I have tryied the latest two driver versions available (2.0.1 and 3.6.0).

Any thoughts ?
xbmc.log with debug enabled.
davilla Wrote:xbmc.log with debug enabled.

Ok, just generated but is quite long. How to post it, MP ?
q
Here is the log:

XBMC.log
My BCM970015 arrived today, hopefully I won`t get the same issues as you. I`ll post the results later this evening.
Is the CHD card still shown under video - playback options if the stuttering restarts?
defcon Wrote:My BCM970015 arrived today, hopefully I won`t get the same issues as you. I`ll post the results later this evening.
Is the CHD card still shown under video - playback options if the stuttering restarts?

Yes, it is remaining correctly listed and checked in...
davilla Wrote:xbmc.log with debug enabled.

Hi Davilla, did you have any chance to look at the logfile ? Any evident weird behaviour ? Huh
thiago Wrote:Hi Davilla, did you have any chance to look at the logfile ? Any evident weird behaviour ? Huh

DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: ff-h264 - Opened

Did not even try to use CrystalHD. Smells like you don't have driver/lib installed.
davilla Wrote:DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: ff-h264 - Opened

Did not even try to use CrystalHD. Smells like you don't have driver/lib installed.

... !!! Frankly I installed manually library and drivers !

How to verify a succesfull installation (beyond the fact that HD movies are running smoothly) ?

What should that line say when the lib is properly loaded ?

Thanks...
thiago Wrote:... !!! Frankly I installed manually library and drivers !

How to verify a succesfull installation (beyond the fact that HD movies are running smoothly) ?

What should that line say when the lib is properly loaded ?

Thanks...

pastebin the output of 'kextstat'
davilla Wrote:pastebin the output of 'kextstat'

Here you go:

kexstat

What do you think ?
thiago Wrote:Here you go:

kexstat

What do you think ?

78 0 0x306fc000 0x18000 0x17000 com.broadcom.crystalhd.driver (3.5.0) <5 4 3 2>

crystalhd driver is loaded.
In fact I reinstalled CristalHD (with the loader this time) and is (or better was) working. After some movies paied anyway comes back to the usual stuttering.

Kextstat

As you can see the driver seems disappeared... Sad

Strange.
Checked again. After some HD videos played correctly suddenly starts stuttering and then the driver is "unloaded" and disappears from kextstat output. Has anyone else experienced a similar behaviour ? Eek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] CrystalHD ON/OFF stuttering0