XBMC exit takes forever
Hi,

I have a strange problem with version 10. When ever i exit xbmc the screen goes black (here i call it BSOD=Black screen of death) and could take up to several minute before it return to windows desktop. In worse cases it never manages to exit and i have to shutdown the pc and restart.
My pc is a Asrock 330 with Win7-64bit and not that many application except maybe firefox.
Link about the pc: http://xbmc.org/blittan/2009/10/12/asrock-ion-330/
I dont use any Antivirus or firewall or anything on it.
I have tried to enable/disable HW acceleration without any change.

I be happy to do more testing if you have other ideas or suggestions.

Also it would be helpful if others with the same problem could report it here so that dev's can gather more data.

As mentioned i did not have this problem before the windows specific version (ver10 i think).

ps. i did uninstall earlier version and made a clean install for v10.
Why would they report it here when there are a gazillion other threads with the same problem Rolleyes

Debug log might help

http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?searchid=7687836

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86315
I did search but couldnt find anything relevant, maybe i was searching for the wrong words, think i search for hang, freeze and stuff like that.
Any how thanks for the links (first one didnt work).

I read through your second link and it seems everyone used the RC versions and there is no clear solution for this as of yet. I will try disabling Aero tomorrow to see the result. I dont use library neither i think, i use play the movies from my hard-drive directly.
I have the same set up as you except i am using windows 7 32bit with Dharma 10.
I have Aero enabled firewall and antivirus running and XBMC shuts down instantly for me.
So i know it does work ok. Have you tried re installing windows and are all updates installed ok. failing that you could try running it in compatability mode it may not solve anything but its worth a shot. and post a full debug log for the devs to look at
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I'm having same issue in my pc too, but, when just closing xbmc with "Alt F4" keys, it is instantly exiting without any problem. So, just do that if you're using a keyboard.
Please let us know if disabling Aero fixes the problem. There is a known problem with Aero that we haven't got to the bottom of.

JR
vampyren Wrote:I did search but couldnt find anything relevant, maybe i was searching for the wrong words, think i search for hang, freeze and stuff like that.

Search titles only in the windows section for "Exit"
Nope, I have always had aero disabled on my atom box and I get this problem frequently. I also get the occasional problem where xbmc is almost unusable after I wake from sleep, it won't respond for a few minutes, the screen pauses and when it eventually loads it's extremely laggy, so I force quit and reload xbmc and problem goes away. I'll enable aero and see if the problem goes away.
So far so good, i disabled Aero and it seems XBMC works much quicker now. Exiting happens instantly. Tried 5 times just now and it went fine. I will report back in a few days to let you know if i encounter this again.
Lets this fixes the problem (cross finger).
Hi again,

I been using XBMC every day now and with Aero disabled and i haven't had the
freezing problem so in my case i think the problem is solved.

I'm guessing there is no point to send Debug log if everything is working.
Btw if it happends is it the files in %APPDATA%\XBMC\ that i should provide?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC exit takes forever0