What is the real reason why iPhone4 resolution is not supported?
Just wondering since xbmc usually adopts to any screen resolution..
cheers!
Zeba Wrote:Just wondering since xbmc usually adopts to any screen resolution..
cheers!

It is, retinal display requires 'special' tricks to get recognized. it's on the list.
davilla Wrote:It is, retinal display requires 'special' tricks to get recognized. it's on the list.

not that special Wink

Code:
CGFloat scale = 1.0f;
if([UIScreen instancesRespondToSelector: @selector(scale)])
{
    scale = [[UIScreen mainScreen] scale];        
}
weak Wrote:not that special Wink

Code:
CGFloat scale = 1.0f;
if([UIScreen instancesRespondToSelector: @selector(scale)])
{
    scale = [[UIScreen mainScreen] scale];        
}

That not all, you forgot handling EGL and scaling the touch input coordinates.
davilla Wrote:That not all, you forgot handling EGL and scaling the touch input coordinates.

You shouldn't have to scale the touch input coordinates. The retina display returns the same coordinates as the previous models, just with 0.5f more precision.

EGL is of course another story...

Anyway, I'm sure you'll sort it out. I've just posted the snippet because some people try to identify device models to check for retina display, which isn't the best approach.
Sorry, but from what I see, every source code that I see will also scale the touch inputs. And if you google around for EGL code that is using retina display, it also needs scaling. See http://www.david-amador.com/2010/09/sett...esolution/

That code also shows the "correct" method to detect a retina display.
Thanks guys! I knew there was a good explanation.

It's of course not for the media center experience I looking forward for this (the iphone is not a media center Big Grin), just for the general iPhone4-apps-looking-great-on-retina Smile

And I assume if/when there will be any iPhone4 skins, they will look better after this is fixed.

Cheers,
Seb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the real reason why iPhone4 resolution is not supported?0