Audio Issues (DTS over HDMI)
Question 
Hi all,

I have seen various similar issue like this within the forums but cannot get the answer i need.

I am running latest XBMBC on XP, recently I have installed a PNY NVIDIA GeForce GT 210 so I can chuck my audio over HDMI straight into the TV (not ideal I know but I am temporairly w/o an amp).

Any movies with DTS audio are proving to be a pain though. If enable DTS in the xbmc audio settings i get the 'Failed to initialize audio....' error message, If i dont enable it the movie plays with no sound.

I can play the same movie in various other media players vlc, mpc etc
Anybody got any idea how to rectify this situation?

Thanks in advance.
When you say you are getting that error, I'm a little confused about HOW you are getting that error. Like, the audio plays and everything is fine, and you check the debug log later and it, at that time, says tells you there was an error, or do you find out at some other time? Also, posting a debug log to pastebin.com and then linking to it here would be helpful.
Sorry,

If DTS is enabled in the audio options, the audio does not play and I get the error message on screen. If DTS is not enabled, I get no audio but also no error message.

I will try and post a debug log when I get home.
BacklitVillain Wrote:Sorry,

If DTS is enabled in the audio options, the audio does not play and I get the error message on screen. If DTS is not enabled, I get no audio but also no error message.

I will try and post a debug log when I get home.

I don't think you can enable DTS or digital if you're outputting straight to a TV. At least with all three of the sets I've actually tried it with, both of those radio buttons had to be set off or I'd get the failed to initialize audio. For a TV, you pretty much need to set it at HDMI, 2.0, no digital, no dts and make sure you're using the correct playback device in both your PC setup and XBMC setup. Easy test. Without XBMC even in the picture, go to your PC audio playback devices, see which one is selected and right click to test. If you get output that way, it's simply a matter of matching up the correct devices in the xbmc audio settings and making sure the other settings are correct. Remember, checking DTS doesn't tell XBMC that you're playing a DTS movies, it tells XBMC that your playback devices is capable of receiving a DTS signal, which your TV is not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Issues (DTS over HDMI)0