Dumb Noob needs a little help
Smile 
hi, this is my first post on this forum so if i make any mistake please do not hesitate to tell me. i install Xbmc a couple of days ago and just got around to playing it with it today. i am streaming to a ps3 and a wdtv live that has been modded to b-rads wdtvlx. both units sees XBMC and my movie files. neither of them sees any movie fanart or movie info. i installed the plugins for transparency, imdb and themoviedb. could someone take a little time and help me with this.
Cpu: intel core i3 2.93Ghz DDR3 SDRAM 6 Gb Ram
Router: Netgear WNR 2000
Network: Wired/Wireless 100mbps
Dlna Devices: PS 3 160gb version 3.56, WD TV LIVE HD
TV: Vizio SV472XVT 47” HD
Bose V25 HTS
ISP: att.net xtreme 5.5 average download speed

Nothing right in my left brain, nothing left in my right!
XBMC only serves videos via upnp. It does not serve fanart or movie info. If you want those things (which are, quite honestly, one of the chief reasons anyone uses XBMC in the first place), you have to actually have a pc or other bit of hardware that is, itself, running XBMC and is connected to your tv. The PS3 and WD-Live won't do the job.
I gotta chime in here...I used to stream everything off my Windows server to my PS3 through PlayOn/ Tversity.

Kept getting disconnected and having issues (even after rolling out Gigabit ethernet throughout the house). Finally bought a $250 Asrock 330 computer and hooked it into the TV directly, and installed XBMC.

Love it! LOVE IT! The library mode with fanart/ etc, is absolutely amazing, and always blows away my buddies when they come over and see my system.

Come to the dark side, and you will not be disappointed!
steppedup Wrote:I gotta chime in here...I used to stream everything off my Windows server to my PS3 through PlayOn/ Tversity.

Kept getting disconnected and having issues (even after rolling out Gigabit ethernet throughout the house). Finally bought a $250 Asrock 330 computer and hooked it into the TV directly, and installed XBMC.

Love it! LOVE IT! The library mode with fanart/ etc, is absolutely amazing, and always blows away my buddies when they come over and see my system.

Come to the dark side, and you will not be disappointed!

Hi mate i've only just started with xbmc, i love the look of that fan art!! could you direct me on what to do to get it and install, Cheers.
Sure - here's a tutorial.

Once you have the fanart downloaded, then usually you can turn on fanart in Settings/System/Skin config page (depends on the skin, really).
Or, rather than going off-site, you could follow the quick start guide.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dumb Noob needs a little help0