Using an E6750, 4GB DDR2 and 3 HDs
I'll be gutting my current computer in a few weeks to upgrade it to Sandybridge, and I want to put the components I'm replacing (Intel C2D E6750 and 4GB DDR2 RAM) to good use.

I need a set up that can use those components (or at least the processor - RAM is dirt cheap) with three hard drives - a small SSD for the OS plus two storage drives (both are 2TB so I can't consolidate my media into a single drive).

Can anyone recommend a build that can handle 1080p while meeting my requirements? Apologies for not suggesting a build myself but I'm new to HTPCs and have no idea which components are worth using.

Thanks
OK, maybe it isn't realistic to expect to use components that are well over three years old in a decent build.

Could someone recommend a cheap build that can take 3 HDs and play 1080p? I only want it for media playback, so no need for a GPU that can handle games.

Edit: Worth adding I'm in the UK so need components that can be sourced locally.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92375
Thanks for the link, but I actually managed to just dig up this spec from an old thread:

Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L iG31 Socket 775
Asus GeForce G210 512MB DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E
Antec NSK 2480 MATX - With 380W EarthWatts PSU

Only £160 and it'll take my current RAM & CPU. The case can't take three HDs, but I reckon I'll just put Live on a USB stick instead.

Does that look good for 1080p playback? I don't want to play games, rip and encode, etc, with it. Also, I see the GFX isn't HDMI 1.4, but I'm not bothered since I can't see in 3D anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using an E6750, 4GB DDR2 and 3 HDs0