No Sound on iPad
I just recently installed latest Untethered Jailbreak on my iPad. Installed latest XBMC and when I play video or music I have no sound. Checked settings and all looks right. Checked other apps and they sound fine. So it's just XBMC. Any suggestions?

EDIT: And I have rebooted the iPad. Still no sound.

EDIT: Resolved. God damn mute button.
Still on iOS 3.x? (thought it was removed in 4.x)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Other way around. It used to lock screen rotation, now it's a mute button for some damn reason.
-stoli-
Found this thread when my iPad/XBMC also had no sound, and it got me looking in the right place.

The physical side-switch on the iPad can be set to be a mute button, OR a rotation lock, in the general Settings of the iPad. HOWEVER the problem appears to be that if you have it set to rotation lock (as I did) before you install XBMC, then XBMC is not aware that the switch is not supposed to be a mute button. So while you don't believe you have it set to be mute, it is in fact mute, but you can't UNMUTE it via the actual switch.

To fix, I had to go to Settings, change the switch to be a mute button, go into XBMC, toggle the switch until I heard sound again, then go back into settings, set it back to rotation lock, and voila - sound in XBMC that is no longer affected by the switch one way or another.

Maddening for sure so, hope this can help someone else in the future!

Jonathan
Its not an xbmc issue ... we do nothing with that button ... its a bug of apple ios ... this affects the overall sound on the ipad - not only xbmc ... same happend to me when i upgraded to 4.3.x and had the switch muted when turning it to be the rotation lock switch ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hmmm I have a similar issue with no sound from XBMC. I am streaming on Splashtop, from an i5 mini mac to both a Galaxy Note on Android and an M18x R2 Alienware on Windows 8.1. In both cases I am able to watch movies remotely on my mini mac through VLC for example or listen to music via iTunes or Spotify, but when I come to use XBMC on my mini mac, although the video is faultlessly streamed, the sound is completely muted. When I check the sound settings on XBMC, everything appears to be normal. I have no issues with XBMC when run locally on my mini mac, only when XBMC is being streamed via splashtop to another device.

Anyone else heard of anything like this and if so have they figured out a work round for it?
(2013-08-16, 01:42)bigfatnick Wrote: Hmmm I have a similar issue with no sound from XBMC. I am streaming on Splashtop, from an i5 mini mac to both a Galaxy Note on Android and an M18x R2 Alienware on Windows 8.1. In both cases I am able to watch movies remotely on my mini mac through VLC for example or listen to music via iTunes or Spotify, but when I come to use XBMC on my mini mac, although the video is faultlessly streamed, the sound is completely muted. When I check the sound settings on XBMC, everything appears to be normal. I have no issues with XBMC when run locally on my mini mac, only when XBMC is being streamed via splashtop to another device.

Anyone else heard of anything like this and if so have they figured out a work round for it?

What does this have to do with no sound when using XBMC directly on an iPad? Please start a new thread for new issues.
And in the right forum (osx if i am right)...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I fixed this error by changing the side button, i had it on mute, even thought i heard all other programs, now i change it to rotación and everythign is working!
(2014-02-06, 05:30)josecin43 Wrote: I fixed this error by changing the side button, i had it on mute, even thought i heard all other programs, now i change it to rotación and everythign is working!

how did u change it to rotacion . i dont get it am a newbie . plz help as i have no audio when i connect my ipad to my tv
how did u change it to rotacion . i dont get it am a newbie . plz help as i have no audio when i connect my ipad to my tv
[/quote]

You can change the ipad side buttons to either use mute or rotation lock. Its in your ipad "settings" under "general" I think.
No audio from your ipad to your TV could be another issue. Check your control center (swipe "UP" from the bottom of your ipad to access it) and you will see some volume controls. Maybe your mute button is activated?? Good luck...
Guys just wanted to say thanks and let everyone know that is having trouble to remove the ipad from the case you use to carry it, my strap was covering the switch and I just kept playing with the volume control now sound works great
Thanks to all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Sound on iPad0