[ATV2] Menu Responsiveness
davilla Wrote:Apples to Oranges

Hey look, another pun! :p
davilla Wrote:Let's see, ION330HT, that's a dual core 1.6GHz atom with nvidia GPU vs a single core 1.0GHz armv7 with PowerVR GPU. Apples to Oranges comparison.

Again OP ask if menu responsiveness was smooth and I said it was NOT.

I know that ION330HT is way more powerful than ATV2 hardware. Just wanted to point out to users who want to buy ATV2 to run XBMC that it is not as smooth as the moment.

Davilla, I'm not having a go at you, I do admire that you spend your personal time on this great project. My hat down to you for a great job you and a team have done. I am actually quite surprised how well the GUI responds on such a limited hardware Smile, but to say its smooth it's a bit of overstatement for me.
davilla Wrote:That's also why there was the google summer of code work done under beagleboard (arm) to investigate improving the GUI side. None of this work has made it's way back into trunk.

Anyone know if the effort is ongoing? Just wondering if there's anything to look forward to in terms of efficiency improvements. It does sound like there's room for improvement.
Thanks for all the reviews. Now with that being said, can someone here tell me if Aeon MQ 2 is useable on ATV2?
danmedhurst Wrote:Just my 2 pence... The NIGHT skin.. looks awesome and is nice and smooth Smile

Pleased to here that, just ordered my ATV 2 and Night is by far my Favorite skin.
Thanks for the suggestion on running Alaska Revisisted. I have tested it in the past on my dedicated HTPC and liked it, but ended up going back to Confluence.

Alaska Re on the ATV2 works great though. A lot smoother than Conf.

Another bonus is that it takes up less RAM. With Conf. I had 53 MB free, with Alaska Re I have 111 MB free!
BritBloke Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion on running Alaska Revisisted. I have tested it in the past on my dedicated HTPC and liked it, but ended up going back to Confluence.

Alaska Re on the ATV2 works great though. A lot smoother than Conf.

Another bonus is that it takes up less RAM. With Conf. I had 53 MB free, with Alaska Re I have 111 MB free!

Wow, didn´t checked the free RAM yet - but 111MB is nice to see!
Quote:Thanks for all the reviews. Now with that being said, can someone here tell me if Aeon MQ 2 is useable on ATV2?
I don't have an ATV but running the current version of MQ2 100% smoothly takes some serious horsepower. I'd expect a framerate right around 2 if you ask me :p No but seriously, we'd definitely need an ultra-light version for it to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Menu Responsiveness0