[AppleTV2] Upnp client question
...I'm finding out that these guys are clueless. You'll get the typical snide remarks from "Davilla"....a developer, no less.

Maybe it's because you have only one post, or maybe they are PC guys and detest the Apple side. Who knows. There is no excuse for that attitude.

Hopefully my rant will make them more "personable" and answer your question!
I have been using it with PlayOn, a Upnp server which transcodes several web-based video sources. I have notices only two minor issues:

- at the end of a stream, XBMC seems to hang for several seconds (not more than 30)
- sometimes the directory disappears and I have to leave the source and navigate back to it

Otherwise XBMC on AppleTV2 is working flawlessly - I have been very happy with it.
@ peteranton - Can you be a bigger A-hole or what. I'm new here too and last I checked the fee for admission was free. You don't like it don't use it! No one here owes you anything. I saw your comment and had to comment on what a F-ing A-hole you are.
Don't you think these guys may have other things to do beside answer you? Last I check forums are for the community to help each other. You can't possibly expect the developers to answer every question. Do you?
As for your remark @ davilla you owe him nothing but thanks. For it is his effort that made this happen. As for his snide remarks - I don't think so. Best I can tell he is giving you enough information to do what you need or at least learn how to. Or at least use search and learn more. I believe the reason he is even active on this forum is so he can trouble shoot problems and make the system better.
Do us a favor and take your remarks and go else where. Idiot.
...for proving my point.

Was that really necessary? How about helping this guy with an answer?

I hope you take your pills, and I don't read about you on CNN tomorrow.
@peteranton - what wedgehead said plus not to mention that the XBMC developers work on this project for free (in most cases, with small amounts from donations) and on their own time. Would you rather him answer every question or develop.

Also, Davilla is the resident Apple expert as he actually uses Apple hardware for his personal boxes so I wouldn't say he "detests Apple".

If you want to make XBMC better either, contribute code or donate.
@peteranton
Oh you are so smart. The only one who is "clueless" here is you for posting such stupidity. Again, do us all a favor and go away troll.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Upnp client question0