keymap.xml via Event Server
Hallo, i have the problem that when i connect under W7 via X10Remote.net to XBMC my keymapping didnt work Sad

Under linux with lirc this way works perfect but under windows it didnt.

My mainproblem is that the up,down,left,right key's dont work via remote inside fullscreenvideo, the work perfect inside the XBMC menue but didnt inside an fullscreen video.

As i understand XBMC use this keys inside an fullscreenvideo for BigStepForward,BigStepBack,StepBack,StepForward.

Can i setup an keymap.xml at all when i use a tool that connect to the Event Server ?

And if, is this connection an remote at all or is it something else i have to write inside my keymap.xml ?

At the moment i tested it only with an <keyboard>..</keyboard> and the <remote>..</remote> tags. inside the xml.

I created such xml under "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\" but saw that its the same as the default under "c:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\" for the keyboard.xml and remote.xml.
So aslong i dont write anything new to the file its pointless to create it at all Smile

Anyone with hints maybe can point me to the correct way ?
Turn on debug logging (System settings, System, Debugging) and press the (for example) up button a few times. Then have a look at %appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log and look for lines starting:

DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: ...
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey ...

These will tell you what keypress XBMC is receiving and what it's doing with it.

JR
THX for the info. Here a debug.log but i cant find the entries Sad

http://pastebin.com/jVQRivK6

All i can find is "ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect", but all others keys and also the lets say "up" key works perfekt inside the menue.

"SDLKeyboard" and "CApplication" i see only when i use the keyboard Sad

When i assign "BigStepForward" to and key inside the X10Receiver Software this works also but not when i try to use an keymap.xml where i assign/translate "up" to "BigStepForward" inside "Fullscreenvideo" modus.
I'm not familiar with the X10 remote and software, but I have tested the EventServer interface (with a client I wrote myself) and it works by generating keystrokes that do appear in the log. I don't see the "SDLKeyboard" log but I do see OnKey logs. I don't think I can say much more without an X10 remote to play with.

JR
Mainproblem is that i dont know how X10Receiver communicate with EventServer inside XBMC. When X10Receiver simulate a Keyboard for "up" it works but with strange side effects but not when it sends the direct ActionID. (keyboard Sim jumps after some keypres on "UP" first ~5 than 10 lines and so on)

Hmm this bring me to an idea, is there a way to change an ActionID inside an keymap.xml ? Prob will be that this isnt than a keyboard or remote for XBMC ?
MrDVD Wrote:Hmm this bring me to an idea, is there a way to change an ActionID inside an keymap.xml ? Prob will be that this isnt than a keyboard or remote for XBMC ?

keymap.xml only associates keypresses with actions. You can't use it for anything else.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keymap.xml via Event Server0