NTSC SD Content plays at 24Hz instead of 60Hz
I hope that someone can help with this....

I have adjust display refresh rate selected and everything is fine with PAL SD DVD rips but NTSC rips play at 24Hz which is too slow and causes frame drops. My other half is getting annoyed with me as I have been obsessively trying to resolve this for several days Big Grin

Is there any way that I can force the NTSC content to play at 60Hz? I want to keep the PAL stuff at 50Hz as get the best image.

Play back is via HDMI to Samsung LE37C650.
XBMC Dharma Release
Windows 7 x64
Aspire Revo R3610
Debug log please.
Think I have managed to turn on debugging properly now. I cut the bit of the log out where I hadn't set it up properly.
http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=WfvSqV3X
Pastebin.com
And turn on debug logging.
Thank you. I hope that worked
That's the fps calculation code detecting a 23.976 fps video, you shouldn't be getting any framedrops though.
Yeah, but the file is actually NTSC 29.97fps.

There is regular jumping of the video during playback.

Is the keyframe warning message significant?

Is there any way to force it to 60Hz?
Only by turning off adjust refreshrate.
OK, Thanks for taking a look. Is there any intention to re-instate refresh rate overrides via the advancedsettings.xml file?
Re-instate? They were never removed.
Really? The appropriate section in the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml says that they are not available for Dharma?

I'll try an override tomorrow and see if it works.
Well yeah, they were implemented after the dharma release.
Now I'm confused Blush I was under the impression that the current windows version was dharma, or am I not using the most recent version?

I saw there is a new version due at end of this month.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NTSC SD Content plays at 24Hz instead of 60Hz0