[WINDOWS] HOW-TO play SBS 3D video in 3D mode on a 3D TV with external player
I really have not looked at subtitles, I gave up on linux for 3D not long after I drafted that script, it was just too much of a hassle to be honest and I didn't have a quadro card so I was stuck with TAB (Over / Under) and my projector shrinks the screen with that format.

I do plan to look at it again at some point, but I dont think I have anything in 3D with subtitles (I could be wrong) and no red / cyan glasses' but as its an external player the bino support group may be of more help - http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bino/

Sorry I couldnt be more help.
Hi i have a Acer 3d computer which plays 3d films how can I get xmbc to load them in 3d, do i use the same instructions?
Hi there =). Is there a way to configure it, so left+right 3D mkvs will play? This seems to only work with sbs where you only have ONE file. But it works with left + right files too, and the stereoscopic player seems to identify the "right" file, if you choose the left one automatically.
So any ideas? Great guide, though!
Nevermind, I found out by myself. If anyone wants to know, just pm me ^^. XBMC is really great!
By the way you should add -nl to the params, so you don't see that logo before it starts.
Does anyone have an idea how to control the 3D-movie while it plays? It seems you can control them only when not in fullscreen but to switch from fullscreen to window the player terminates himself first which results in XBMC coming to the front of the screen again.

Apart from that, works as a charm though.
I'm trying to get individual left/right and single file over/under formats working. Thanks to this thread, I've got SBS integrated. I've created separate extensions for each type of file, but stereoscopic player sits there with a black screen isn't loading anything other than the basic sbs type
Since some time the stereoscopic player seems to crash when I switch from fullscreen to windowed mode or when I want to terminate the full screen to switch back to XBMC. Any ideas?
Ok so I got side by side working correctly but I'm unable to get over and under to come up. Stereoscopic player starts but just sits there and doesn't load anything. Xml below:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="SBS-3D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player\StereoPlayer.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" -il:SideBySideRF -ihw -fss -ol:NVIDIA -term</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="OU3D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player\StereoPlayer.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" -il:OverUnderRT -fss -ol:NVIDIA -term</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|avi|mpeg|mpg|mp4" filename=".*_3D.*" player="SBS-3D"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|avi|mpeg|mpg|mp4" filename=".*_OU3D.*" player="OU3D"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

What am I missing here? i've tried multiple command line entries with this being my most recent one. Link to stereoscopic player command line options: http://3dtv.at/products/Player/CmdLineParams_en.aspx
um, i have not tried it myself, but looks like you have only one /filetypes rule set and that is for sbs

try this

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="SBS-3D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>"{1}" -il:SideBySideRF -ihw -fss -ol:NVIDIA -term</args>
</player>

<player name="OU3D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>"{1}" -il:OverUnderRT -fss -ol:NVIDIA -term</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|avi|mpeg|mpg|mp4" filename="*_SBS.*" player="SBS-3D"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|avi|mpeg|mpg|mp4" filename="*_OU.*" player="OU3D"/>

also, of coarse, you will to rename sbs files as *_SBS.* and over/under as *_OU.*

Dam0
Great Post!
Totally added to my favorites :-)

Do you know if Stereoscopic Player can overlay external subtitles over the film?

thanks
(2012-11-18, 14:29)thatkookooguy Wrote: Great Post!
Totally added to my favorites :-)

Do you know if Stereoscopic Player can overlay external subtitles over the film?

thanks

i don't and i gave up on stereoscopic player after many tries but I can tell you that mpc-hc will overlay the subtitles just fine when doing HSBS and overunder.
I will try this. Many Thanks.
I know 4K Download is one of the best tool in the current market to download and play 3D videos. Here are more information
https://www.4kdownload.com/howto/howto-d...k-3d-video
Not even trying to use XBMC, Just using my Nvidia 3d vision Kit, the 3d Vision Monitor, and the stereoscopic player. This does NOT work. It must be the player, I can get it to work with Power DVD 13. Useless software!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Note, I am not even trying to use XBMC, I am just testing out the player software you recommended along with my kit and 3d vision 2 monitor.
I am having trouble getting this working. The stereoscopic player is launching with a error that it cannot find the file.

I have tried no cmd switches and with the following

-file:
-file
-url
-url:

It always tries to pass \\name.password@Comp\dir\dir\file

I need it to pass just the unc path

\\pc\dir\dir\file

How do I make this work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO play SBS 3D video in 3D mode on a 3D TV with external player0