Solved Issues / Errors setting up MySQL install for Windows and centralized XBMC SQL Dbase
Have a Revo and iPad, would like to get shared/central SQL dbase up.
Having issues w/ MySql install on windows where media storage also resides.

When I follow the link/tutorial from contentwhores.com or lifehacker.com
http://www.contentwhores.com/wordpress/?page_id=432
http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...eedfetcher

They gloss over the SQL install which is where my issue is.
During default install, the checkbox is checked to change the root pwrd of dbase. If i try to change / put a pwrd it fails, if blank it fails. If i uncheck the box the install completes.
I can then connect to the dbase as a blank username, but any user such as 'root' fails.
The blank user has no rights so i cant create an 'xbmc' user or anything.
Uncertain issues, i purged the \mysql folder during the uninstall/reinstall attempts.

I did have xampp installed a long time in efforts to get one of the crude early iphone 'remotes' working but it was flaky and i gave up and uninstalled it.

I'm obviously unfamiliar w/ SQL and such appreciate the patience and any insights.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
but can not get xmbc clients to connect, dbase from workbench looks good.
this is in the log
23:03:20 T:3055253376 M:1428152320 ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_music [1042](Can't get hostname for your address)
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Try using the IP address instead.
I was using IPs.
I found some DNS configuration in SQL even though using IPs. weird. looks like i'm up now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues / Errors setting up MySQL install for Windows and centralized XBMC SQL Dbase0