Smart Playlist always empty Problem
I work with newest Dharma, Aeon MQ2 Skin on Windows 7 64bit

I tried many times but my smart playlist are showing always up EMPTY but the folder that the playlist is addressed to is not empty. It contains simple avi files.

My xsp looks like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<smartplaylist type="tvshows">

<name>OWN TEST</name>

<match>all</match>

<rule field="path" operator="contains">G:ustv\fresh stuff\own\*</rule>

<order direction="ascending">tvshow</order>

</smartplaylist>

...and my content is stored here:
G:ustv/fresh stuff/own/

Actually I do not have any idea what I do wrong. Is there a trick I don´´t know about? I love XBMC but I really think that the whole playlist feature is very strange.......

Can anybody help me? Thanks.
markimark Wrote:G:ustv/fresh stuff/own/

Um. G:\ustv\fresh stuff\own\* ?

The first backslash is required.
blacklist Wrote:Um. G:\ustv\fresh stuff\own\* ?

The first backslash is required.

Unfortunately that was not changing anything. Are there any basic files I can check apart from the files in the folder "userdata". I mean basic files that come with the xbmc installation. Maybe there is something missing but I don´t know where to look for. Any idea? I have tried a regular playlist and that was working. Even if it also was a little strange. As I said, I use Aeon MQ2 and the regular playlist was showing up when list style was chosen but it disappeared when low list was chosen. Instead a message "Library empty! Populate it via the Videos Window in Home Menu" showed up.

Something strange is going on. Anymore ideas?
If your library is empty then smart playlists wont work, also are you creating the playlist from the GUI ?
>>X<<' Wrote:If your library is empty then smart playlists wont work, also are you creating the playlist from the GUI ?

what does library in that case mean? The folder I want to include in the smart playlist is already a added source in xbmc and there are some avi files in it. So what is emty then? I can create a regular playlist, using the files that are within that folder, which is called "own".

I have tried everything, using the build in GUI and I have created the playlist files directly with a text editor. Nothing is working.
XBMC has two modes for viewing your media file mode and library mode, file mode you only have to add your source but in order to use library mode you need to add your source set content and scan them into your library have you done this because you get the message "Library empty! Populate it via the Videos" when you haven't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkWYxqoOF3c

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide
>>X<<' Wrote:XBMC has two modes for viewing your media file mode and library mode, file mode you only have to add your source but in order to use library mode you need to add your source set content and scan them into your library have you done this because you get the message "Library empty! Populate it via the Videos" when you haven't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkWYxqoOF3c

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

This is very kind of you explaining all this but I already use xbmc for quite some time. I use library mode, all content is set all folders are added as a source. The only thing that does not work are the samrt playlists. I can not reach any content with them. This is why I thought that some file were missing during installation. I wanted to know which folder I have to check to see if everything is installed properly.
If you don't have an XBMC library, smart playlists will not do anything for you. You are then better off using regular playlists.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
markimark Wrote:The folder I want to include in the smart playlist is already a added source in xbmc and there are some avi files in it.

If you path has avi files in are they Movies or TV because your smart playlist has type as tvshows which isn't correct because your avi's would be type episodes not tvshows

On a side note always use the GUI to create the smart playlist just to rule out user error Wink
sho Wrote:If you don't have an XBMC library, smart playlists will not do anything for you. You are then better off using regular playlists.

Actually I do not understand what you are talking about.
I am in Library mode. I have added sources. Alles is showing up perfectly under Movies and under TVShows. Everything is perfect. Now I have tried to include one of the source folders - "OWN" - to a smart playlist to create a submenu button that is showing me only that specific folder. To make that happen I have created the Playlist file as shown at top of this thread. Within that folder there is 1 avi file at that moment and whatever I use, TVshow or Episode, this file never shows up in the smart Playlist. The Playlist always says that the Library is emty but that is not the case.
Is that one avi in that folder scanned into your library and visible under TV shows ?

You cant have anything in a playlist that's not already in your Movie or TV Shows library and I would be very surprised if it was as theres no folder on that path with the show name which there must be as far as I know to scan it into your tv show library
Thanks for your help guys. I will continue with some testing.
Cheers
Have you tried the backslash the opposite way? (this way "/") Thats the way my backslash is and my smart playlists are ok.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist always empty Problem0