Some General Questions!
Hi,

I have been setting up my installation of XBMC on Windows 7 over the past few weeks. I must say I am very impressed with the application.

I do however have some questions which hopefully some of you more experienced with the tool can help with. I have researched older threads - but struggled to get a clear understanding of these items.

1) TV Posters, Banners, Covers >>> Can you store each of these seperately in XBMC so that when you switch between views - you see the appropriate logo?

2) Library Segregation >>> I can see you can use profiles - and have done for *ahem* some content No.....what are your approaches for *other* content such as home videos, sport, etc? Do you use profiles, or another approach? Neither of these fit into movies or TV. I have a lot of boxing fights, etc which would be great to categorise - can then search for fights by fighter, etc, etc.

3) When XBMC scrapes covers, etc - are these stored physically on your machine - or does the xml point to the online resource? I would prefer the former in case the online resource disappears!

4) Any good guides on integrating emulators - i.e. which are the best ones to integrate, best scrapers for box art, etc?

5) Favourites >>> can they be spli between type - e.g. actor/actress, movie, TV Episode, etc?

6) Split Files >>> If you have one file (CD1) as an mpg, and another (CD2) as an avi - is there anyway for them to be flattened to one file? They show as two. Alternatively - can one video type be converted into the other?

Thanks!

1. You can do this depending on the skin. What happens is you can have a seperate image for each type in the root of the tv show's location. i.e. banner.jpg, landscape.jpg, poster.jpg. Cirrus Extended supports this. Then go to settings and run the logo downloader script. It will pull all of the requried images.

2. Not sure of the best way to handle this. Maybe using smart playlists, adding that to favorites and then using the skin to set a favorite on the home screen?

3. Export the library (under the settings menu) and it will store your fanart and .nfo files with the media (be it local or smb share). This is the best solution because if you have to remove and reimport your library for any reason it will take minutes rather than hours.

4. check out the Advanced Launcher Application. In the first post there is a link to a wiki. This will tell you what emulators are compatible for each OS. Find the post here.

5. You can favorite just about anything.

6. Not really sure what you are wanting to do here?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some General Questions!0