Smart Playlist odd behaviour
This is the first time I'm trying to make a smart playlist and it's not going all that well!

Can anyone explain this (I'm tired and probably missing something obvious :confused2Smile: Arrested Development has 3 seasons and the first 4 of season 1 are marked as watched. This is my xsp (genereated using XBMC GUI):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>Comedy</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Arrested Development</rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="lessthan">1</rule>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>
Isn't this supposed to exclude the 4 watched episodes? - it doesn't. All episodes are returned.

I'm actually trying to do the opposite; only include watched episodes, but if I define the play count (playcount greater than 0) to this, no episodes are returned - so I'm trying to do what most people apparently prefer in a smart playlist, just to make sure it's doing what it should...

Btw. I can't find any documentation in the wiki on the watchedcount field - what's the difference between that and playcount?
You need to apply your playlist to episodes so you need to change type from TV Show to episodes then it will work

Code:
type="episodes">

Watched status is determined by play count so anything greater than 0 is marked as watched

I would use playcount "is not" 0 although yours above will also work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist odd behaviour0