MCE Receiver in Windows 7
Am I retarded or is my MCE USB receiver messed up? I bought a MCE (or perhaps MCE compatible) remote/receiver from newegg. When I plug the receiver in, Windows installs it as Human USB Input device. From what I've researched, it should install as ehome infrared receiver or something to that effect. Needless to say, the remote does not work. Is there a trick to installing the receiver properly in Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit? Or is the product I bought junk?

In case it matters, the product is AVS Gear MG-IR01BK
jdawg0528 Wrote:Am I retarded or is my MCE USB receiver messed up? I bought a MCE (or perhaps MCE compatible) remote/receiver from newegg. When I plug the receiver in, Windows installs it as Human USB Input device. From what I've researched, it should install as ehome infrared receiver or something to that effect. Needless to say, the remote does not work. Is there a trick to installing the receiver properly in Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit? Or is the product I bought junk?

In case it matters, the product is AVS Gear MG-IR01BK

Second this problem... trying to figure this out now...
Hmm... never tried that exact remote but I think it should work.

Did you already install the MCE Remote pluggin?

So guys... did anyone get / find a fix to this? I have the exact same problem now and man it SUCKS!!! Let me know, I have been surfing the web, and haven't found many people with the same problem. So uh... is it my hardware? I think not. I am running a ZBOX HD-22 with ion on board.

No mention of IR receiver in this hardware, so I don't think one already exists onboard.

Thanks,
Caleb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Receiver in Windows 70