3D Active Shutter Glasses...Nvidia or TV manufacturer
Question 
Hi all,

I'm not really into 3D (getting headaches watching) but a friend of mine just asked me to build something that can also handle 3D. I'm planning to use GT430, but my question is, when buying the active shutter glasses, should it be the one from nvidia or the one from the tv manufacturer?
I'm no expert, but I can imagine that different TVs use different systems and frequencies. I would recommend buying from the manufacturer.

EDIT: nVidia have their own system called nVidia 3D Vision, which is a series of certified hardware and displays. Unless the TV specifically mentions nVidia, chances are the glasses will not work.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
Go with the official glasses from the TV manufacturer. This is your best bet.

There are cheaper alternatives, but I am not sure I would be willing to experiment. There are apparently some "universal" active shutter glasses that work on many of the current 3D displays... (link)

I have no experience with them and cannot vouch for quality. I guess do some research?
numb7rs Wrote:nVidia have their own system called nVidia 3D Vision, which is a series of certified hardware and displays.

That's what crossed my mind which brought up this question. If the tv already has it's own glasses, why would nvidia create one? does that mean that you've got to have nvidia glasses because the tv's glasses doesn't work with nvidia?

I agree with bmcclure937 that the best bet so far is to go with the tv's glasses. I would greatly appreciate an input from someone with a first hand information on this. Thanks for all the info ^_^
I think it must be for the TV.

If you had to buy them for the graphics card surely you would have to buy glasses based on the Blu-ray player, not the TV.

Once the TV has the 3D video it will display it appropriately for the TV's glasses.
Xpand x103 are universal glass, and r better of the brands glasses

ciao

Ale
T800 Wrote:I think it must be for the TV.

If you had to buy them for the graphics card surely you would have to buy glasses based on the Blu-ray player, not the TV.

Once the TV has the 3D video it will display it appropriately for the TV's glasses.

Totally makes sense..but why does nvidia has it's own glasses?
WhiteLighter Wrote:Totally makes sense..but why does nvidia has it's own glasses?

Because Nvidia has a trick to force 120hz TVs to display 3D.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Active Shutter Glasses...Nvidia or TV manufacturer0