Finally FIXED my BUFFERING and SCRAPING issues
To all of those that are reporting constant video buffering and lost frames and video/TV Show scraping issues, maybe you have same problem I had with XBMC on my ATV2.

When I added media on my NAS as a source I used upnp. This gave me buffering issues and whenever I tried updating library or scraping it would crash XBMC.

So I have deleted my sources and set them up again but this time using SMB. This solved all of my buffering issues, and now my scraping (at least for video) works just fine.

Just thought it might help some others (maybe this was obvious to some but as a noob I didn't realise this would cause so many problems).

Music scraping is still an issue but I think that's on the known bug list.

Thanks to the XBMC team for all the great work!! :-)

Cheers

SD
It's a common problem that scraping doest work well using upnp.
I have no problems with buffering and UPNP to my QNAP NAS, which uses TwonkyMedia server. So I don't think there is a universal UPNP issue. It likely going to depend on what UPNP server product is used on the device.
HDClown Wrote:I have no problems with buffering and UPNP to my QNAP NAS, which uses TwonkyMedia server. So I don't think there is a universal UPNP issue. It likely going to depend on what UPNP server product is used on the device.

I use TwonkyMedia Server on a MyBookWorld

Just thought it might help some people, it sorted all my problems out :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finally FIXED my BUFFERING and SCRAPING issues0