IPAD:How do I add files for offline viewing?
Thanks!
you need to copy over with an application such as DiskAid (paid but has a trial period) or iphonebrowser (free but slow for me) or iFun-Box (free). For Windows iFun-BOx works great.

the location to copy to is \var\mobile\library (I think)
joedeal Wrote:you need to copy over with an application such as DiskAid (paid but has a trial period) or iphonebrowser (free but slow for me) or iFun-Box (free). For Windows iFun-BOx works great.

the location to copy to is \var\mobile\library (I think)

thanks for the location storage suggestion. as it turns out, you can create any folder in \var\mobile\ and point to it, and it works!

nice finally being able to run xbmc on ipad 2.

To all: I have tried iphone explorer, and now iFunBox. The latter is much nicer, and I think faster too. But wanted to know of there are any better apps that are even faster - win 7 x64
The way I do it is install an app that appears in the App tab of iTunes whenever your iPad is connected. One such app I like to use is GoodPlayer.

Then create an XBMC source to the GoodPlayer\Documents directory.

The reason I chose GoodPlayer's documents directory to store video files on the iPad is because it gives me the greatest flexibility.

Here are the reasons why. Like I mentioned earlier, with GoodPlayer, it shows up in iTunes so I can easily drag my video files over to it. Additionally, GoodPlayer also has a webserver mode so I can copy files to it via a webbrowser. And of course, I can continue to use iFunbox or SFTP to copy the video file over. Many ways for the greatest flexibility.

You can use other iOS apps as well. BuzzPlayer is one. However, I don't think it has the webserver feature.

You'll find that iOS likes to store it's installed apps in a uniquely named folder. i.e: /mobile/Applications/BDBD6844-11FB-4EB6-B625-2F6C9DA99B66

To figure out which of those folder is GoodPlayer, use iFunbox. In iFunbox, go to User Applications from the Folder View on the left. Upon clicking that node, iFunbox will translate all those uniquely named folder to the actual program name installed within. You can then simply rightclick on GoodPlayer and "copy Path" to grab the path you need to match up when creating your XBMC source.

Hope that makes sense and gives you an alternative way of doing things.
iFile is a sort of "must have" app for jailbreakers and will not only give you a great file manager for iOS, but will let you upload via a web browser. You can also use it to easily install nightly (and other non-Cydia) builds without having to use the command line.
another great companion app for this is applinks on cydia. it creates names links of all your programs in /var/mobile/AppLinks so you dont have to search for the rright id directory which can sometimes changes.
I have openssh installed and can sftp/scp to my ipad2 over the network from osx (cyberduck), windows (winscp) or linux with no issues to any folder I prefer.

Speed is not that bad either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPAD:How do I add files for offline viewing?0