• 8(current)
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]
ECEC Wrote:I tried applying this mod to the latest Alaska and it was....wacky. The main background image was black on some screens, blue on others, and if I drilled down to settings I would get the correct, custom background. I also had a lot of navigation problems in the add-ons section. Reinstalling Alaska seemed to fix it.

Not complaining, just thought I'd let you know. Smile

Spaggi Wrote:Jep, same applied to me. It happened with the latest AR Version, using a different theme than the white one (Aksala). It worked with an older (sorry, Idk which one) Version of the Mod. After updating, I had these issues.

App Screen had blue background, Home Screen black, Settings were just weird...
Since its last version Alaska.Revisited bring possibility to change the background image for the views. I have not yet updates my MOD to take into account this change. I will try to do it today. Thank you for the report !! Cool
The updated version of the skin MOD is available. I will now support the custom background functionality : http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-advanced-l....2.3.8.zip

Image Image Image

If you have any problem (display, navigation) using with this mod, do not hesitate to report it here. Nod
Rad! Thanks!
Angelscry Wrote:Image

Wait, what? I can play games on my XBMC?! (Seriously though. I always knew this was possible, but never saw it so ... sexy. Nice work!)

Shocked Wink Nod
DurhamDev Wrote:Wait, what? I can play games on my XBMC?! (Seriously though. I always knew this was possible, but never saw it so ... sexy. Nice work!)

Shocked Wink Nod

Yeah, I spent some time this weekend setting up SNES, NES, and N64 games. Using Angelscry Advanced Launcher plugin, it's pretty easy to add them, configure the launcher, and scraped all the metadata you need for it to look excellent. Next up is Genesis!
ECEC Wrote:Yeah, I spent some time this weekend setting up SNES, NES, and N64 games. Using Angelscry Advanced Launcher plugin, it's pretty easy to add them, configure the launcher, and scraped all the metadata you need for it to look excellent. Next up is Genesis!

Damn, that's sweet. I laughed when I saw "Doom" on the screenshot, as I'm actually building a full-size replica of the "Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3" arcade game for use with MAME and others. (It's in my blog - http://durhamdev.wordpress.com) Now, I'll have multiple places to play my games. Woot.
MOD Update:
  • compatible with Alaska.Revisited 2.6.6
  • compatible with Advanced Launcher 1.0.1
  • change game terms to item terms
Direct Download: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-advanced-l....2.6.6.zip

If you have any problem (display, navigation) using with this MOD, do not hesitate to report it here. Nod
Angelscry Wrote:MOD Update:
  • compatible with Alaska.Revisited 2.6.6
  • compatible with Advanced Launcher 1.0.1
  • change game terms to item terms
Direct Download: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-advanced-l....2.6.6.zip

If you have any problem (display, navigation) using with this MOD, do not hesitate to report it here. Nod
How might I make this compatible with Aeon MQ2 which seemingly only supports the Tall version, at the moment? I tried copying the other three versions over, changing the file name and the include name, updating MyPrograms.xml, strings.xml, and includes.xml, but no such luck. There must be conflicts with IDs and what have you.

I've even attempted to create the other versions using the existing Tall version in MQ2, but that still doesn't work. I have no problem manipulating the existing XML to look like any one of the others, it's just a matter of creating copies. I have to know what IDs need to be changed, what need to stay the same, and what other dependencies must be modified in order for XBMC to identify the other viewtypes.
SlyMaelstrom Wrote:How might I make this compatible with Aeon MQ2 which seemingly only supports the Tall version, at the moment? I tried copying the other three versions over, changing the file name and the include name, updating MyPrograms.xml, strings.xml, and includes.xml, but no such luck. There must be conflicts with IDs and what have you.
It will be more clever to start from the existing music and music views of Aeon MQ2 and try to adapt them for programs. I have not idea at all how are structured the Aeon MQ2 skins xml files. I cannot really help you.
Is this going to be integrated into Alaska Revisited? I think it would make good sense to just provide it natively - no?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:Is this going to be integrated into Alaska Revisited? I think it would make good sense to just provide it natively - no?
You just have to ask to Hitcher... Wink
Angelscry Wrote:It will be more clever to start from the existing music and music views of Aeon MQ2 and try to adapt them for programs. I have not idea at all how are structured the Aeon MQ2 skins xml files. I cannot really help you.
I'm pretty sure the Tall view type that exists in the MQ2 skin was written by the developer of the skin, so it really is like taking the music or movies type.

I think I just need to research a bit more and figure out exactly what each view type is dependent on. Thanks for your reply.
@Angelscry, I moved to alaska since shade is largely unsupported ATM. I modded your mod for 4:3 fanart for each view (so now you have wide, tall, square with 16:9 fanart and 4:3 fanart, would you want me to upload this? some consoles don't have widescreen support and the fanart looks horrible when squished Big Grin

EDIT: NVM, didn't notice you merged the views so will have to start modding again
fr500 Wrote:@Angelscry, I moved to alaska since shade is largely unsupported ATM. I modded your mod for 4:3 fanart for each view (so now you have wide, tall, square with 16:9 fanart and 4:3 fanart, would you want me to upload this? some consoles don't have widescreen support and the fanart looks horrible when squished Big Grin

EDIT: NVM, didn't notice you merged the views so will have to start modding again
My MOD will surely become useless with the next version of Alaska.Revisited skin. Hitcher will mainly add all my mod features into the next version. But maybe you can provide your proper MOD.Nod
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]1