unable to add media source to appletv 2g
I have been trying to add a media source to xbmc videos on my AppleTV 2gSadSad

!.I have enabled file sharing with my mac osx10.6 ftp/smb added a folder from my account to read from

2. I have added a ftp source with the ip address of the computer to read from with the enabled folder and user name and password to the computer.

this is my second time doing this and the first time worked perfectly when i try to add the network it just says unable to connect to network.

if anyone has any information please forwarded
First of all, is your XBMC/ATV2 actually connected to the network? I find that since I installed XBMC, if the ATV2 is left for several hours doing nothing (overnight, say) it quietly loses it's network connection and the only way of checking is to quit XBMC and look in the ATV2 network settings - or indeed the main dashboard, which won't show any internet-enabled options correctly. Usually, if XBMC had been running when the connection was lost, it reconnects itself a few seconds after quitting XBMC and you can then launch it again.

If you are definitely connected, and you're using smb://[user]:[password]@[ip address]/[folder name] and it's still not working, I'm stumped for now.

EDIT: Just read this in the known issues for the nightly builds:

Quote:SMB shares sometimes won't resolve, even by IP. Restart fixes it.

- not sure what build you're running but if it's a bug in the nightly it's likely a bug in the 'proper' as well.
You were right i just turned everything off and then back on again and my windows(smb) finally picked up the connection to my computer. Although it was not smooth I would try it again and then it showed failed. But at least i know now that it was the connection and not anything i was doing.

However now I have these two network connections that I created under add network that I would like to get rid off but how do you do that? (appletv 2g)

thanks again for the tipLaugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unable to add media source to appletv 2g0