First time XBMC user questions.
First time XBMC user here. I would like to use XBMC, but have some questions I'm hoping you can help with:

1. Regarding external player. Is there a way to allow to launch multiple external players?
The reason I'm asking is because that I would like to Bitstream HD audio, which only MPC-HC does as far as I can see and use DVBViewer for TV since I don't see XBMC has that feature.

2. Is there a chance that bitstreaming will work soon in XBMC and what about TV?

3. How is the codec used by XBMC picture quality compared to a Popcorn Hour C-200 which I'm coming from?

4. Regarding the movies section, is it possible to manually import external DVD/BD discs, so it will tell you to insert disc number ##?

5. Also is there a possibility to click on the actors, and then see the profile and see all the movies from IMDB?

My equipment will be AMD Zacate with ATI 5450 graphic card.

That was all my questions.
Hope someone can help.
1. Yes, you can define as many external players as you want. You can either define rules to automatically select the player by filename (or various other criteria - see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_playback for the gory details) or you can press C on a title and select "Play using" from the context menu.

2. There is work in progress on this. Specifically a new audio module is being written, though I don't know how far along it is.

3. People argue about the picture quality versus various other players; some say it's better and some say worse. As a bystander, my conclusion is that you're unlikely to notice much difference.

JR
Thanks for the help. What about question 4 & 5 anyone?
question 5: on xbmc if you click on the actor it should list all their movies that you have on xbmc
Thanks but what I'm looking for is actually all the movies of the actors from IMDB.
Isn't it somehow possible to add you external discs manually?
What I do about external DVDs is this: I create "fake" files for XBMC to scrape info and add to it's database.

Ex.: N:\Movies\The Matrix\The Matrix.iso - where "The Matrix.iso" is, actually, an empty text file.
Thanks for the replay. Will I then be able to edit run time somehow so I can give it the correct info?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First time XBMC user questions.0