• 3(current)
DivX® HD (High Definition) on XBMC
now if someone write a tutorial on how to conver the ts hdtv files properly then we will be all set.
(ryan123 @ may 28 2005,04:51 Wrote:now if someone write a tutorial on how to conver the ts hdtv files properly then we will be all set.
pretty simple stuff, it's just an mpeg2 stream.

head over to http://www.doom9.org for everything you could possiibly want to know about encoding to mpeg 4 from mpeg2.
simply use autogk, but dont forget to rename ts file as mpeg... easy as 2 clicks of a mouse...
i meant to ask the birate, and the resolution settings taht we should have. what will be the best result to play on a xbox. what will be the best codec to use. divx 3.11? divx 5? xvid?
should the guide from here work, still dont know the birate i should have
http://www.samek.neostrada.pl/hdtv/hdtv2xvid.htm
- demux with projectx 0.82.1.02
- create (.d2v) project file using dgindex 1.3.1b6
- create (.avs) avisynth script with gordian knot 0.35, choosing 1280x720 as final resolution
- open (.avs) file in nandub and load following processing settings (.vcf)
Quote: virtualdub.audio.setsource("c:\\xxxx");
virtualdub.audio.setmode(0);
virtualdub.audio.setinterleave(1,500,1,0,-900000);
virtualdub.audio.setclipmode(1,1);
virtualdub.audio.setconversion(0,0,0,0,0);
virtualdub.audio.setvolume();
virtualdub.audio.setcompression(85,48000,2,0,24000,1,12,"aqacaaaaqaibahef");
virtualdub.audio2.setsource(0);
virtualdub.video.setdepth(24,24);
virtualdub.video.setmode(1);
virtualdub.video.setframerate(0,1);
virtualdub.video.setivtc(0,0,-1,0);
virtualdub.video.setrange(0,0);
virtualdub.video.setdivx(6500,12);
virtualdub.video.setqualitycontrol(1,0,0,0);
virtualdub.video.setmotiondetection(8,10,300,300);
virtualdub.video.setcrispness(15,0);
virtualdub.video.spacekf(24);
virtualdub.video.internalscd(100);
virtualdub.video.setminkbps(500);
virtualdub.video.setcurvefile("");
virtualdub.video.setcurvemcfactor(30);
virtualdub.video.setcurvecompression(15,30,6);
virtualdub.video.setcurvefilter(300,6600);
virtualdub.video.setcurvecredits(0,900);
virtualdub.video.setlumacorrectionamp(1,10,30);
virtualdub.video.setcurveredist(1);
// virtualdub.video.calccurvecompression();
virtualdub.video.setcomplevelsmain(2,7);
virtualdub.video.setcomplevelsa(300,3,16);
virtualdub.video.setcomplevelsb(300,4,16);
virtualdub.video.setcomplevelsc(300,5,16);
virtualdub.video.setcomplevelsd(300,6,16);
virtualdub.video.setcomplevelse(300,7,16);
virtualdub.video.setcomplevelk(2,4);
virtualdub.video.setbitsreservoir(5,45,35,100,120,0);
virtualdub.video.setlowbrcorrection(1,1);
virtualdub.video.noavioutput(0);
virtualdub.video.genstats("",0);
virtualdub.video.setencodingcontrol("");
virtualdub.video.filters.clear();
virtualdub.subset.delete();
virtualdub.brc.set( 0, 645 );
virtualdub.brc.set( 1, 1 );
virtualdub.brc.set( 2, 128 );
virtualdub.brc.set( 3, 0 );
virtualdub.brc.set( 4, 1 );
- save avi & that's about it ! if you choose adequate settings in xbmc, there should be almost no dropped frames during playback.

i tried a lot of encodings with xvid but singlepass with nandub gave me much better results, cause it avoids spending extra bits on already complex frames and there's a strict max. bitrate limit - making it playable on xbox.
you can even play it in 1080i, if you choose the right xbmc settings/build/skin.
how do i set the sound and what was the codec u used? do u set the codecs in nandub or gordian knot? where do i set the birate?
how do i set the sound and what was the codec u used? do u set the codecs in nandub or gordian knot? where do i set the birate?
Quote:virtualdub.video.setdivx(6500,12);
see.. the (.vcf) file does everything for you. nandub uses divx3.11 (sbc settings) and for ac3 sound a bitrate of 6500 kbps is fine. converting the audio to mp3 (besweet 1.5) enables you to crank up the bitrate to aprox. 7000kbps (in this case set low-pass filter to 7100) before frames start dropping.
for more info take a look at doom9's sbc guide.
Quote:virtualdub.video.setdivx(6500,12);
see.. the (.vcf) file does everything for you. nandub uses divx3.11 (sbc settings) and for ac3 sound a bitrate of 6500 kbps is fine. converting the audio to mp3 (besweet 1.5) enables you to crank up the bitrate to aprox. 7000kbps (in this case set low-pass filter to 7100) before frames start dropping.
for more info take a look at doom9's sbc guide.
for some reason i see a gray line at the bottom of the video
for some reason i see a gray line at the bottom of the video
that always seems to be on the ts files. you must crop 8 pixels from the bottom to remove it.

@ dingdong:

i've been trying your method and am having trouble. when i choose save as avi i get a message saying 'you are trying to compress witha hacked compression driver. this may cause virtualdub to act or crash unexpectedly. proceed at you own risk.' if i tell it to continue anyway, sure enough the encode doesn't complete and the program crashes eventually. have you encountered this before?
that always seems to be on the ts files. you must crop 8 pixels from the bottom to remove it.

@ dingdong:

i've been trying your method and am having trouble. when i choose save as avi i get a message saying 'you are trying to compress witha hacked compression driver. this may cause virtualdub to act or crash unexpectedly. proceed at you own risk.' if i tell it to continue anyway, sure enough the encode doesn't complete and the program crashes eventually. have you encountered this before?
@ diggedy:
never happend to me - as long as the source file is intact, so you may wanna check that you're able to encode regular mpeg. make sure that you have a new version of avisynth installed.
i never tested how nandub reacts to a (.vcf) file created by copy & paste, so maybe it helps to edit a genuine .vcf with the values i posted (sbc settings), but i think this isn't your problem.
the message is just the usual divx3.11 reminder, nothing wich hampers your encoding session. did you try doom9's forum for a solution ?
@ diggedy:
never happend to me - as long as the source file is intact, so you may wanna check that you're able to encode regular mpeg. make sure that you have a new version of avisynth installed.
i never tested how nandub reacts to a (.vcf) file created by copy & paste, so maybe it helps to edit a genuine .vcf with the values i posted (sbc settings), but i think this isn't your problem.
the message is just the usual divx3.11 reminder, nothing wich hampers your encoding session. did you try doom9's forum for a solution ?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DivX® HD (High Definition) on XBMC0