ASRock vision 3d
Hi, i've got a new ASRock vision 3d, tried to install xbmc live out of the box, had nothing but troubles,
errors with kernal missing,
nivida errors

has anyone managed to get it working out of the box yet?

I also tried installing ubuntu desktop, it didn't work either,

baring in mind the kernal error and nvidia error does anyone know if i will be able to install windows 7 on the machine as is otherwise i'm just going to have to take it to a shop and pay to have my new machine fixed, which is bit of a annoyance but i have no knowledge of linux and the commands offered by people haven't done anything so far,

any help appreaciated

p.s i was advised to ask if anyone can do me a "clonezilla" if they have a working asrock vision, i'd of course pay for what ever is necessary, thanks
hammerhead69 Wrote:Hi, i've got a new ASRock vision 3d, tried to install xbmc live out of the box, had nothing but troubles,
errors with kernal missing,
nivida errors

has anyone managed to get it working out of the box yet?

I also tried installing ubuntu desktop, it didn't work either,

baring in mind the kernal error and nvidia error does anyone know if i will be able to install windows 7 on the machine as is otherwise i'm just going to have to take it to a shop and pay to have my new machine fixed, which is bit of a annoyance but i have no knowledge of linux and the commands offered by people haven't done anything so far,

any help appreaciated

p.s i was advised to ask if anyone can do me a "clonezilla" if they have a working asrock vision, i'd of course pay for what ever is necessary, thanks
These are software issues, save your money because hardware people in shops are most unlikely to be able to 'fix' these issues.

Get hold of 'freaks' version XBMCFreak Nuvoton 10.00 v2, it works on my Vision 3D installed to local drive, however, I can't get wireless or Audio working yet!!!
http://www.openelec.tv, try the generic image. I think it should work (because there are some users who have asked for including WLAN support).
greetings, Stephan

two glimers of hope !

i've read about the freaks version not working on vision 3d but i'm willing to give it a try and see

i'll try the generic openelec first

thank you both very much
GIPPY - Its worked !!!
Same as you i have no audio yet, but this is something ive noticed in a few posts, there are methods i'm going to search to try and fix, but at least this is massive progress,
let me know when you get audio fixed and how, i'll do the same

SRAUE - I downloaded generic openelec but i could burn an iso from it, so i tried the freaks xbmc next and its now the furtherest i've got yet, even though no audio at present, anyway , thanks for your post and if i don't manage to fix the audio i'll search how to install openelec
hammerhead69 Wrote:GIPPY - Its worked !!!
Same as you i have no audio yet, but this is something ive noticed in a few posts, there are methods i'm going to search to try and fix, but at least this is massive progress,
let me know when you get audio fixed and how, i'll do the same

SRAUE - I downloaded generic openelec but i could burn an iso from it, so i tried the freaks xbmc next and its now the furtherest i've got yet, even though no audio at present, anyway , thanks for your post and if i don't manage to fix the audio i'll search how to install openelec

Thats good news, I decided to give Windows 7 x64 a chance and this did not go well! Install of 7 went well, then after installing xbmc, it failed to launch 'cApplication::Create ... error. I've just been trying for the past 3 hours to download nvidia drivers none would work said the hardware was not compatible. So now I'm giving up on Windows despite the wifi working, sound was still not working.

So when I've calmed down will be going back to the freak version, there is something cleaner about just having the appliance without the os getting in the way. If I dont get anywhere in two weeks, think I'll be sending it back!
Smile 
gippy Wrote:Thats good news, I decided to give Windows 7 x64 a chance and this did not go well! Install of 7 went well, then after installing xbmc, it failed to launch 'cApplication::Create ... error. I've just been trying for the past 3 hours to download nvidia drivers none would work said the hardware was not compatible. So now I'm giving up on Windows despite the wifi working, sound was still not working.

So when I've calmed down will be going back to the freak version, there is something cleaner about just having the appliance without the os getting in the way. If I dont get anywhere in two weeks, think I'll be sending it back!

The error on launch is because you're connecting to it through Remote Desktop (RDP). Solutions:

1. not use RDP
2. set the fullscreen mode in XBMC to "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" (System->System->Video output)

Also Asrock posted some compatible drivers for the GT425 here (NVIDIA Display Driver ver:266.35)
neht Wrote:The error on launch is because you're connecting to it through Remote Desktop (RDP). Solutions:

1. not use RDP
2. set the fullscreen mode in XBMC to "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" (System->System->Video output)

Also Asrock posted some compatible drivers for the GT425 here (NVIDIA Display Driver ver:266.35)
Neht, you've made me so happy, and thanks for coming to the rescue. The drivers downloaded ok and worked after a reboot. This time xbmc launched correctly. I'm not sure I understood the RDP comment though as I was logged on locally?
Cheers
well sounds like you've cracked it gippy well done
what methods did you try to get the audio working on the freaks version?
i'm planning on having a crack at it tomorrow eve
hammerhead69 Wrote:well sounds like you've cracked it gippy well done
what methods did you try to get the audio working on the freaks version?
i'm planning on having a crack at it tomorrow eve
I wimped out and tried Windows 7 instead!
gippy Wrote:I wimped out and tried Windows 7 instead!

Big Grin

I used windows 7 for a short while and yesterday i tried the nuvoton (just for the fun of it).

It's a hell lot faster to load, the only thing that is currently not working is the 'suspend' option. (which only blanks the screen for a moment and then goes back to the xbmc menu).

I have the feeling everything goes faster now however. I'll be keeping this one.
I recommend Windows 7 for this system to use its full potential.

One of my USB3 connectors doesn't work, the front two are fine but the rear one won't acknowledge anything plugged into it, so i'm returning the rock today, when it comes back or if they send a new one i'll going with windows 7from the start to be done with it.
It was a nice idea to try live or ubuntu but with zero knowledge of linux theres just way to much to take on when things don't work out of the box.

Just a quickie, what version of windows 7 is recommended for use with xbmc or doesn't it matter?

I get that they should all work but do i want the cheapest home premium or will a few extra pounds be money well spent?
I went with professional (64bit) purely since I managed to get it for the same price as premium. I really don't think it would matter though, don't believe you'd really need any of the "extra" professional features.
hammerhead69 Wrote:One of my USB3 connectors doesn't work, the front two are fine but the rear one won't acknowledge anything plugged into it,

Quote:** This USB 3.0 port does not support Hot-Plug and legacy function.

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.as...D%20Series/specs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock vision 3d1