Slightly annoyed...
If the recent posts about the iPad support mean that version comes with touchscreen support, why has the main trunk of development not added better support for touchscreens? There are hundreds of posts and many skin attempts that have tried to work around the shortfalls of XBMC when it comes to touchscreens.

Do I have a right to be annoyed as I am not a developer and only use what is developed by others? Maybe not, but thought I would use that as my subject title to convey my feelings...

Ex Huh
You can be annoyed all you like - that doesn't mean anyone cares :p

The only dedicated touch support that exists in XBMC is for Windows 7 touch devices. This is in trunk, and has been there for over 12 months.

The atv2 branch (iPad in particular) does not have dedicated touch support as yet - rather, it has basic touch-as-a-mouse support, with a couple of gestures hacked in to act as keyboard buttons. There is no full gesture support as yet.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Various bits of experimental work on touchscreen has been done, but they've never made it into the release builds because there hasn't been much demand for it. Most of us use XBMC on our TVs and control it with a remote control, or possibly using the XNMC remote app on our smartphones and of course these do have a touchscreen. With the iPad version, and who knows, maybe one day a version for Android, I would guess that touchscreen support will make it into the release builds. However I'd guess that apart from the iPxxx users touchscreen users will still be in a small minority.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slightly annoyed...0