Some Live noob questions I guess.
Hello, after having to deal with screen tearing and all that in windows watching a video on my HDTV, I decided to install XBMC Live on a USB stick.

I have to questions:

1. XBMC shows fine on my monitor, but on the HDTV I get overscan, which I can normally remove in windows using the videocard driver, how do I get that away so that I don't get overscan on the tv?

2. I tried everything in the menus but I can't get my files such as videos on my harddrive played on XBMC, how does that work?

Thanks in advanceBig Grin
Wiki Online Manual
Or maybe
XBMC Beginners Guide
I can't find any information on this in the wiki, or it's just really hard to find, and that beginner's guide is for windowsRolleyes

I mean XBMC just totally doesn't see my hard drives and I tried the video calibration but that doesn't change the overscan at all.
If you have extra hard drives, you'll need to set them to auto mount in your fstab

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p...ost8826878

As for the overscan, there's a calibration tool in XBMC to compensate, I just can't remember how to get to it (I don't have my HTPC on right now).
Chase
OK so I typed in that command and I get in some kind of weird menu, I'm trying to understand this Linux command stuff but I just can'tHuh please help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Live noob questions I guess.0