[Feature Request] Media Info view choice from side menu in file mode.
Ronie,

Could you add a "View: Media Info" option to the side menubar, for file mode view, like what is available for library mode?
winestock Wrote:Ronie,

Could you add a "View: Media Info" option to the side menubar, for file mode view, like what is available for library mode?

i doubt if that would make sense?
in filemode there is no info to show, it can only be displayed in library mode.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie,

In file mode, if I select "Show Information" from the context menu, it brings up media info. This tells me that the media info is available in file mode.
winestock Wrote:Ronie,

In file mode, if I select "Show Information" from the context menu, it brings up media info. This tells me that the media info is available in file mode.

nope, it's some kind of 'trick' xbmc uses.
the info is ineed available in the movie info dialog, but not in any of the files views.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie: I'd appreciate if you could checkout my files_in_lib branch from my github (jmarshallnz) and supply comments - I'll start a new thread for it in the skin development section shortly, as I want to ensure we get it right (ideally before too much hits master).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:ronie: I'd appreciate if you could checkout my files_in_lib branch from my github (jmarshallnz) and supply comments - I'll start a new thread for it in the skin development section shortly, as I want to ensure we get it right (ideally before too much hits master).

Cheers,
Jonathan

hah...was just browsing through the pull requests on git and that one certainly caught my eye. ;-)
too bad, doesn't compile on my end (linux that is).

http://pastebin.com/utUZPqJZ
Yeah - just need to add SourceDirectory.cpp to the Makefile in xbmc/filesystem - I'll push a commit up for that in a bit.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thanx, got it to compile after making this change:

SourcesDirectory.cpp
- #include "Settings.h"
+ #include "settings/Settings.h"
Yup - changes (these fixes + more) are already pushed to my repo.

Ronie and jmarshall,

I looked at what you are talking about a bit. Clarify something for me, is what you are adding is the ability to have directory groupings in library mode?
that is correct.
you can find more details here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93929
jmarshall,

Do you have a timeframe when the release of the consolidation of library and file mode will occur? Will this fix also apply to DVD TV shows?

Thanks,

Michael
winestock Wrote:jmarshall,

Do you have a timeframe when the release of the consolidation of library and file mode will occur?

it's been comitted to the xbmc git repo, so if you compile yourself...it's there.
or wait for the nightly builds to be re-enabled.
ronie,

Will the consolidated library/file mode also apply to DVD TV shows where stacking is applied? Right now the only way to effectively use DVD TV shows is in library mode. In file mode, they are unstcked without the ability to turn on stacking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Media Info view choice from side menu in file mode.0