Can't connect. Issue with my network. Going crazy!
PROBLEM SOLVED.

Not sure exactly what did it but I power cycled my router and everything seems to work fine! Didnt think that was necessary but know i know...

Okay, there is something weird with my network. Hopefully I can explain this clearly and not go overload with the info. I know this is my first post, but trust me I HAVE SEARCHED, i've read thru these setups and it feels like i've tried everything:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79200
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77331
http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...structions

Problem:
I cannot connect to either PCs at my HOME NETWORK (error: no route to host).

Details:
1 windows XP work laptop (firewall untouched)
1 windows 7 HTPC (firewall off at the moment)
both run XBMC 10 dharma
1 nexus one with latest XBMC remote
home network: Linksys E300, both computers connected via WIFI. All devices given static IP.
office network: netgear wireless router

Why I think it's a network problem:
I can connect to the windows XP work laptop at my OFFICE NETWORK
I cannot access the web interface or GetSystemInfo(120) of my XBMC from any other computer or my phone (Nexus One) on my HOME NETWORK

What I have tried:
Turning off windows 7 firewall
Connecting to the windows 7 PC via its EXTERNAL IP and port forwarding 9777 and 8081 (XBMC port) on the router, THAT works. However, is not a good solution (not secure, i understand) and my HOME IP is not static.
The unofficial XBMC remote, exact same behavior: connect to work laptop at OFFICE NETWORK fine, cannot connect to either PCs at HOME NETWORK.

I hope I laid everything out as clearly as possible. I've probably spent 3-4 hours now trying to get this working and it's not. I really appreciate any help, thank you.

UPDATE: I had been having problems with the samba share and VNC i thought I'd try connecting my HTPC with a wired connection rather than the wireless USB adapter I was using (Edimax b/g/n adapter). Turns out now my remote works! So.. what does this mean? For some reason my router treats WIFI devices differently than wired devices?
Im no expert but quick shot in the dark...Do all the pc's have the same workgroup name ?
Chubster Wrote:Im no expert but quick shot in the dark...Do all the pc's have the same workgroup name ?

I have not changed any of the PCs workgroup from the default workgroup name: WORKGROUP.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I am able to access the windows 7 HTPC fine over SMB share and VNC.
UPDATE: I had been having problems with the samba share and VNC so i thought I'd try connecting my HTPC with a wired connection rather than the wireless USB adapter I was using (Edimax b/g/n adapter). Turns out now my remote works! So.. what does this mean? For some reason my router treats WIFI devices differently than wired devices?
PROBLEM SOLVED.

Not sure exactly what did it but I power cycled my router and everything seems to work fine! Didnt think that was necessary but know i know...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't connect. Issue with my network. Going crazy!0