Texture problem with Next Aired & TV Rage script
It seems to be some texture problem with Next Aired & TV Rage script.

The scripts are working fine but the graphics are messed up. I checked the scripts with other skins (Confluence & Transparency) and they look fine.

Any idea why this happens on Xperience ?

Cheers
Nessus
Because there are skins for those plugins in Confluence and Transparency but not in Xperience. If you copy the relevant xml files from Confluence it should work. Don't forget the includes if there are some.
Thanks for the response Black.

The only files that i see relevant to addons are the AddonBrowser.xml, DialogAddonInfo.xml, DialogAddonSettings.xml. I've copy these files from Confluence to Xperience and checked the the includes but the problem is still there ?.

Did i miss something ?.

Thanks
Nessus
Anyone to point me in the right direction so i can fix this ?. What files do i need to modify or replace for this to work ?. Also how can i enable the Viewtype_Walls to work also in addons ?.

Cheers
Nessus
no, it won't change anything black, the problem is on experience side, skins part are included in the addon...

maybe a debug log could tell more.
Here is the Debug log

Thanks
Nessus
the background image isn't being stretched across the back :\

OK fixed the problem you need to add <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio> to DialogNextAired.xml for the NextAired-MediaBladeSub.png image.

think it may have to do with the defaults of each skin, will have a look but the above fixes the problem.

Update: its to do with the Defaults.xml, Xperience's images are defaulted to keep instead of stretch. so technically neither can be held responsible

personally I dont want to change it in the skin as it could break a lot more than what's its worth, its easier to add that one line to the script skin file.

The same goes for tvrage you need to add <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio> to all the xml's for the default-panel.png image.

OK I will change the Default.xml for the skin, but no ETA when it will be added to the SVN & also if there are aspectratio errors let me know (for other images)

if you want to do it yourself just remove <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> from defaults.xml in the skin folder, line 24.
Thanks Rocky.
I've remove <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> from defaults.xml and everything look fine now.

For the TVRage script i've added also a <texturefocus>default-list-focus.png</texturefocus> in the three buttons in script-tvrage-main.xml because there was no focus in those buttons when you select them. I change the script skin instead of the default button in Xperience Default.xml as it could break anything like you say.

Also can you tell me what to do to enable the Viewtype_Walls to work also in addons ?.

Thanks
Nessus

Update: Removing <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> line from defaults.xml indeed broke some things in Xperience by stretching some textures that should not be stretched. So i did the other way by adding <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio> to the scripts skins.
These problems (fonts, textures, etc) keep occurring when Addons rely on the Defaults.xml for one skin (I'm guessing Confluence) but other skins use it differently.

IMO everything should separate.
Hitcher Wrote:IMO everything should separate.
I totally agree to that.

In my opinion scripts skins are responsible for these kind of problems. No offense to scriptwriters and they work, but just a few more code lines it will help skinners and users to avoid these issues.

Cheers
Nessus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Texture problem with Next Aired & TV Rage script0