Absolute Order, One Season
This is me just being a stickler, but here goes.

Everything I have in my TV database is named sSSeEE, and XBMC works perfectly. However, I have two series' that did not air in the proper order; one of them being relatively important to watch in the order it was NOT aired in.

The series is Firefly, and at present, I can either pick to name the episodes incorrectly so they play in the right order but meta-info doesn't match OR name them correctly and the order is wrong. If I could have that single series be sorted automatically by absolute, TVDB has THOSE numbers correct and they would list properly.

The goal is to select Firefly and, without having to change the sort order manually, have IT list by "absolute" and everything ELSE by "episode" (customize that folder). Either that, or build custom meta data and just arrange it properly manually.
I had this same problem. Take a close look at thetvdb.com. They have two listings for this show. Ordered by air date or order by DVD date. I don't know why the DVD order is different from the air date. This seams very odd to me.

Anyway, its only one season so I went ahead and manually edited the .nfo files (well, I used Ember).

Maybe there is a way to tell the scraper to use DVD order and then rescrape it? I didn't bother to put that much effort into it.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
You'll need to go to your video sources and navigate to the Firefly folder. Then, choose to set it's contents and set it to the order of DVD.

Often networks will air shows out of the intended order. Why? Who knows.
htpc guy Wrote:I had this same problem. Take a close look at thetvdb.com. They have two listings for this show. Ordered by air date or order by DVD date. I don't know why the DVD order is different from the air date. This seems very odd to me.

Anyway, its only one season so I went ahead and manually edited the .nfo files (well, I used Ember).
I only see one listing, maybe they just removed the other one?
kricker Wrote:You'll need to go to your video sources and navigate to the Firefly folder. Then, choose to set it's contents and set it to the order of DVD.
The feature you speak of is EXACTLY what I want; thanks ! I guess there's more than just me who had this "problem".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Absolute Order, One Season0