Shutdown Function -> Log Off
I just got XBMC working on my atv2, works great!! Nod

Now I was wondering, since I use to profiles (Adults and Kids), is it possible to change the shutdown function so you log off instead of quiting XBMC?

I always turned of my xbox, but now, with the tethered booting and all, I leave the atv2 running.
On the xbox, when I turned it on, I got the Profile loginscreen, but that's not possible anymore.
So I would like to just log off and leave it like that, easy for the kids.
Now I have to quit XBMC and they have to start it again to get to the loginscreen...

Thanks Laugh
I assume the atv2 uses a keyboard or remote .xml file. Have you looked into changing the button mapping?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I could do that, but since there are already so little buttons on the remote, I don't want to go changing stuff in there Smile

In the file /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence/720p/IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml I found the following in the section for the powerbutton:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</onclick>

I changed it to:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(LoginScreen)</onclick>

so that the loginscreen is shown, exactly what I wanted!!! Smile
Humm, good point to this issue. With the shutdown dialog gone, you can't change profiles. We will re-think this change.
Fire69 Wrote:I could do that, but since there are already so little buttons on the remote, I don't want to go changing stuff in there Smile

In the file /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence/720p/IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml I found the following in the section for the powerbutton:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</onclick>

I changed it to:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(LoginScreen)</onclick>

so that the loginscreen is shown, exactly what I wanted!!! Smile

Change it in the context of the shutdown menu. For instance, I have my remote's power button mapped to open the shutdown menu in the global. Then I have it mapped to Suspend if pressed in the shutdown menu.

remote.xml excerpt:

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<power>XBMC.ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</power>
</remote>
</global>

<shutdownmenu>
<remote>
<back>PreviousMenu</back>
<power>Suspend</power>
</remote>
</shutdownmenu>
</keymap>
@davilla:
In fact, you still can, but you have to go to Home, System, push right, select profiles.
Then you get to to profiles-settings, where you have to load the correct profile through the context menu.

Somehow, I don't see my 4-year old son doing that. Nor my wife actually! :-P

@toddwv:
Apple TV2-remote doesn't have a power-button :-P

[edit]
Unless you mean I have to change the function IN the shutdown-menu.
That would be a problem, since you don't get to see that menu. XBMC immediately quits when you select the button in the homescreen.

But I like the solution I have now :-)
Is there a way do shutdown ATV2 with the Command "halt" from XBMC? When i enter this command from ssh my ATV2 make a shutdown.

kindly regards
endebe
endebe Wrote:Is there a way do shutdown ATV2 with the Command "halt" from XBMC? When i enter this command from ssh my ATV2 make a shutdown.

kindly regards
endebe

How do you wake it up after halt?
Is it possible to press two buttons on the Apple-remote to log out of the profile?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown Function -> Log Off0