How to add content to an exsisting Playlist?????
Am I just not talented enough or is there really no way to add content to an exsisting Playlist? I mean I just can not believe that because I never have seen any Playlist feature where you can not add content after saving the Playlist.

PLEASE, if anybody knows anything about my question, please tell me.

Thanks
Music or video?

With music just use the playlist editor (context menu -> Edit on a playlist)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Actually I am talking about video and there is not such a context menu like you have mentioned. Any idea how to do with video?
jmarshall Wrote:Music or video?

With music just use the playlist editor (context menu -> Edit on a playlist)

I am trying to create a "TONIGHT" playlist. What I want to do is to browse through my content and add some of it to my "TONIGHT" playlist. If done, all I have to do is to call it and it will play what I have chosen to entertaine me. Like your personal tv.
markimark Wrote:I am trying to create a "TONIGHT" playlist. What I want to do is to browse through my content and add some of it to my "TONIGHT" playlist. If done, all I have to do is to call it and it will play what I have chosen to entertaine me. Like your personal tv.

+1
I don't know how to do this also, I would like to have a playlist for kids, so that it will play some cartoons for them without stopping.
Right, so for videos it's a bit harder as there's no video playlist editor. Steps are:

1. Queue up your current playlist.
2. Switch to now playing (SPACE).
3. Remove or reorder stuff.
4. Or switch back and queue some more.
5. Once done, switch to now playing and save it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Right, so for videos it's a bit harder as there's no video playlist editor. Steps are:

1. Queue up your current playlist.
2. Switch to now playing (SPACE).
3. Remove or reorder stuff.
4. Or switch back and queue some more.
5. Once done, switch to now playing and save it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for the explanation and YES, it can work this way but let me ask you this question. Playlists play a big role today, is it so hard to add an option to the context that allows you either or both:
Add to exsisting Playlist
Add to new Playlist

The entire XBMC project is so unique, so excellent and amazing and in my eyes, the only flimsiness is the playlist feature.

Any chance for improvement?

BTW, what is the shortcut for "queue this item"?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add content to an exsisting Playlist?????0