WIP Ellipsis 1.3 - Updated 12/12/12 New Progress for Frodo Updates
Brick 
UPDATE Wednesday 12th December 2012:

Hello again. As some of you may be aware, EqUiNoX and myself have resumed work together on Ellipsis after a year or two apart on separate projects. With the new version of XBMC codenamed Frodo, we decided the time was right to get Ellipsis back up-to-speed and completely usable again. We know more than most that Ellipsis, while looking and functioning great, severely lacks in some key areas, no PVR support, shockingly low amount of view types, no banner support, no recently added media functionality, etc. We're here to address these issues. Below is a list of items we're addressing currently, this list will be updated regularly, as well as this thread with updates as we go. Both myself and EqUiNoX will post regularly, with screenshots, videos, code snippets, of what we're doing. We'll try to be more transparent with our work this time too keep you guys in the loop.

So lets begin with Ellipsis 1.3 running in Frodo:

Now frequent users might notice two things different. The clock is now more streamlined and of course the dock button at the bottom is now half hidden in an attempt to claim back precious screen space for all the lovely new view types, recently added etc, etc. So this is the first look at what we're doing. We're going to post regularly as we say, we still want to hear what you guys have to say, what you're looking for and most importantly of all, what it will take to make you switch to Ellipsis permanently. Thank You.

Currently Change List:
  • Scroll bars and improvements to speed of navigating large libraries in music, videos and pictures.
  • View Types or lack of!
  • Banner View Types
  • Video OSD improvements involving navigation, layout and information available
  • Increased label sizes for OnScreenKeyboard
  • Animation Speeds for entering and exiting screens. Also Scrolling.
  • Customisable home icons
  • Recently added functionality
  • Custom colours
  • Extra fanart use
  • More attention to the Music and Music Video Sections
  • A slightly complicated settings section, maybe too similar to homescreen.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Hi BlackBolt,
nice idea. Good to have such a thread. Smile

I would like to see:

*TvTunes-Script
*CinemaExperience-Script
*Submenu for HomeMenu-Items (e.g. Video-PlugIns, Genre etc.)
*Random 'Featured' Movies in the Homemenu (e.g. instead of Recently-Added).

I'll edit this post, if more comes to my mind.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Native support for the subtitle downloaded and lyrics scripts!
Make it faster/more responsive. Even if it means dropping some animations.
more views Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I would like you to fix what ever bug has infected my ellipsis so bad I had to ditch it.

Constantly flashing fan art from 'Power Rangers' tv show, flitering throughout the skin. I have deleted it entirely, downloaded via addon, manually downloaded installed and deleted. Nothing fixes it, within minutes flickering images of Power Rangers fan art.

Was totally stable and fine before the latest release.

I have had to stop using it, and it makes me a sad panda.
garyi Wrote:I would like you to fix what ever bug has infected my ellipsis so bad I had to ditch it.

Constantly flashing fan art from 'Power Rangers' tv show, flitering throughout the skin. I have deleted it entirely, downloaded via addon, manually downloaded installed and deleted. Nothing fixes it, within minutes flickering images of Power Rangers fan art.

Was totally stable and fine before the latest release.

I have had to stop using it, and it makes me a sad panda.

Do you have a debug log we can look at? That sounds like a very weird bug.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
In the middle of what is turning out to be a bit shit 'Mission to mars' right now, will have a play in the morning.

Its important I get ellipsis back, my family is totally comfortable with this skin.
Were you using a custom background folder?
No. All I did was install the latest ellipsis. Within ten minutes and randomly power rangers fanart flicks briefly on screen. Much fettling later and its still there. Most disconcerting. Even if I flick back to it from another skin the first thing I see is power rangers.

Have you ever seen power rangers? Its like the shitest thing, dumbed down and little bits of plastic put on it then stuck out for general viewing. My son loves it, hence its existence on my mac.

I wouldn't mind but I have some good tv shows here this particular bug could have picked on!

In terms of individuality, I have done nothing, I should imagine ellipsis looks like a default install on my system. I have the smokey thing turned on, but tried with it off.

Still struglling with Mission to Mars, but its really not very good. Brian Du Parma, is good, I know this, and the lame excuses given on IMBD is that he knew exactly what he is doing when he presents what he does.

But seriously, this is a shit film. It jumped the shark when they showed the alien face in the stone work and I think this is early in the film.

Must. Struggle. On...
Have you tried deleting the textures database?
Elipsis urgently requires a banner view, like the Alaska/ Transparency skin.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Edit: Doh - i thought this was for the Fusion skin. -.- I feel dumb
The Rig:
AMD64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3GHz, ATI HD 3450, Corsair 4GB XMS2 DDR2 800
Shuttle SN68SG2 Case

I've said it before in a separate thread but I think the Ellipsis Video OSD is a bit lacking in comparison to Confluence and Alaska. I much prefer the OSD functionality and appearance in Confluence when navigating a video and the info. you get from the info. function.
Hi guys,

brilliant idea to call for our wishes.
As I mentioned in another thread before, I have about 300 Movies and 1300 Music-albums on my hdd's. Threrefore I would prefer a "Wall-View" in the Movie and Music Section for more easier navigation. Maybe similar to this one in the "Black Row" Skin.
And maybe a banner view for TV-Shows for my wife (she's always watching this desperate housewives...)... That's all.

Greetings from Germany to the UK
I love the skin but find the on screen keyboard too small and therefor non usable via a remote from my sitting distance.
Have no issue with the confluence on screen keyb.

Perhaps a switch to allow using the standard layout.

Keep up the great work!
Hi,

please add background music support (upon startup/login). Same way as in Confluence would be just fine.

Upon loging out from user session, the focus is on navbars on the bottom instead of the login page user icons. Please fix. It's just a small usability stuff but still.

thx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis 1.3 - Updated 12/12/12 New Progress for Frodo Updates3