WIP Ellipsis 1.3 - Updated 12/12/12 New Progress for Frodo Updates
oldschool Wrote:PS: I am in the need for the unpacked textures from the beta one. For a xbox version... Thanks!

From the release thread -

http://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.n.../Ellipsis/
Hi, Hitcher!

Thank you for your quick reply.

Noop, the sources are massively different.
The minimalism of the beta one would be perfect...
Big Grin

Rgds.

Update: Get it...
Hi,
I am using Ellipsis on my ATV2, and I absolutely love it. I am a big fan of plain, black theme, with icons instead of words. Was looking for UI similar to PS3 (or any Sony Bravia), and this comes pretty close (within the limits of XBMC).
I have a couple of features I would love to see in this skin.
- When browsing the add-ons (or even sources, anything on that level), I would like a 2D grid on a 'Wall' (what some other skins call that view). Instead of a horizontal scroll 'tiles'
- When the number of items becomes large (like the movies, or songs etc), I like the List (or even the hybrid list) mode. I do not see it in 'Video' mode.
- In the list mode (in Music section), can you display more lines, instead of just 8.
- if number of items are more than a pageful, can you display a scroll bar too?

Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work.
Oops, had a few suggestions in the wrong thread... was about to post another so I'll put the ideas in here

1 - Wide banner support for TV shows
2 - Like the PS3, colour options, just basic colours (personally liking the black though)
3 - Notice that in some screens when I scroll to the bottom of the list it stops vs other screens where it goes back up to the top of the list again. I am in my videos folder, with the dvd hybrid view... about 900 files and takes a while to pgup to the top again.

Just a few thoughts... otherwise loving the skin, tried 5 others and so far this is my favourite, just the issue of having to reset the content and rescrape the TV series to start showing poster art vs banner is the main thing I'd like to see changed.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
Great skin:

Would love to see:
1. Landscape.jpg support in tv main menü
2. more like aeon (not aeon but the idea) menü if browsing on a movie, and the option to enable this automaticaly, show it always and disable
Would be awesome to add "Autorun Playlist On Startup".

Would love for music to play at startup. Thanks!
Hi! is it possible to add support for PVR?
Sorry for my english. It's not my native language.
(2011-08-31, 20:40)john.doe Wrote: Hi,
I am using Ellipsis on my ATV2, and I absolutely love it. I am a big fan of plain, black theme, with icons instead of words. Was looking for UI similar to PS3 (or any Sony Bravia), and this comes pretty close (within the limits of XBMC).
I have a couple of features I would love to see in this skin.
- When browsing the add-ons (or even sources, anything on that level), I would like a 2D grid on a 'Wall' (what some other skins call that view). Instead of a horizontal scroll 'tiles'
- When the number of items becomes large (like the movies, or songs etc), I like the List (or even the hybrid list) mode. I do not see it in 'Video' mode.
- In the list mode (in Music section), can you display more lines, instead of just 8.
- if number of items are more than a pageful, can you display a scroll bar too?

Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work.

Great suggestions. The wall for add ons will be in 1.3. We're focusing on the large list crowd by adding more view styles and better scroll bars etc. the list mode will be optimised when we update the skin to be 1080p native.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
UPDATE Wednesday 12th December 2012:

Hello again. As some of you may be aware, EqUiNoX and myself have resumed work together on Ellipsis after a year or two apart on separate projects. With the new version of XBMC codenamed Frodo, we decided the time was right to get Ellipsis back up-to-speed and completely usable again. We know more than most that Ellipsis, while looking and functioning great, severely lacks in some key areas, no PVR support, shockingly low amount of view types, no banner support, no recently added media functionality, etc. We're here to address these issues. Below is a list of items we're addressing currently, this list will be updated regularly, as well as this thread with updates as we go. Both myself and EqUiNoX will post regularly, with screenshots, videos, code snippets, of what we're doing. We'll try to be more transparent with our work this time too keep you guys in the loop.

So lets begin with Ellipsis 1.3 running in Frodo:

Now frequent users might notice two things different. The clock is now more streamlined and of course the dock button at the bottom is now half hidden in an attempt to claim back precious screen space for all the lovely new view types, recently added etc, etc. So this is the first look at what we're doing. We're going to post regularly as we say, we still want to hear what you guys have to say, what you're looking for and most importantly of all, what it will take to make you switch to Ellipsis permanently. Thank You.

Currently Change List:
  • Scroll bars and improvements to speed of navigating large libraries in music, videos and pictures.
  • View Types or lack of!
  • Banner View Types
  • Video OSD improvements involving navigation, layout and information available
  • Increased label sizes for OnScreenKeyboard
  • Animation Speeds for entering and exiting screens. Also Scrolling.
  • Customisable home icons
  • Recently added functionality
  • Custom colours
  • Extra fanart use
  • More attention to the Music and Music Video Sections
  • A slightly complicated settings section, maybe too similar to homescreen.

Oh I forgot to say also, Ellipsis is now full 1080p.
nice keep it up ill be lurking from the shadows and see what comes out , good to see the old team is back
It looks very pretty and clean that screenshot, I cant wait to give it a whirl.
heres a couple requests

1.file counter tab for custom home menu items, shows you how many files that menu-item contains, and allowing to set specific file extensions or folders to be counted like in advanced launcher

2.add watched overlay support for advanced launcher, like for movies and tvshows

3.more viewtypes for advanced launcher and files aka files mode in general, i use files mode alot its much better than library mode , allows me to completely delete files i select from the harddrive and shows me the exact contents of a movie folder wich i require

4.support for video backgrounds, enough of the static wallpapers, anyone who uses dreamscene in windows knows what im talkin about

5.quickview slideout for the weather menu item showing a quick forecast of the next 4 or 7 days with high rez animated weather icons

6.animated/dynamic home menu items

7.xbmc video intro support
(2012-12-20, 16:54)hentai23 Wrote: heres a couple requests

1.file counter tab for custom home menu items, shows you how many files that menu-item contains, and allowing to set specific file extensions or folders to be counted like in advanced launcher

2.add watched overlay support for advanced launcher, like for movies and tvshows

3.more viewtypes for advanced launcher and files aka files mode in general, i use files mode alot its much better than library mode , allows me to completely delete files i select from the harddrive and shows me the exact contents of a movie folder wich i require

4.support for video backgrounds, enough of the static wallpapers, anyone who uses dreamscene in windows knows what im talkin about

5.quickview slideout for the weather menu item showing a quick forecast of the next 4 or 7 days with high rez animated weather icons

6.animated/dynamic home menu items

7.xbmc video intro support

Some of your request would break our design and so we cannot comply with those, but I've answered each idea below:

1. We'll look into it, but Ellipsis is about simplicity, not drowning users in information. If we can make it work and be useful to the design and flow of our skin, we'll make it happen.

2. Again and see above.

3. We're improving the view types in all modes and adding more views, including the files mode.

4. Does XBMC Support video backgrounds currently? If its a widely supported feature, we'll take a look at implementing it, but seems rather unnecessary, not really an ellipsis type thing.

5. I think you mean adding a quick view on the homescreen for the weather? If we can make this work with our design, we'll do it.

6. We won't be having animated home-screen icons, it doesn't fit the design philosophy of Ellipsis. Sorry.

(2012-12-14, 08:50)Saner Wrote: It looks very pretty and clean that screenshot, I cant wait to give it a whirl.

As soon as we have a working version with latest XBMC we'll get a build out there for testing, keep an eye on this thread. Thanks for the great comments.
thanks , cant wait to see what gets implemented , and yes video backgrounds for the intro and regular home menu are already supported here, theres even an official repo addon for xbmc intro videos only thing is the skin has to support it of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfg10RdEa54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAwP6Ub8IyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...xFTbNA8nTQ

btw about the video backgrounds ,butchabay knows more on this than anyone around perhaps he could help you out with that
The download link for the skin just takes me back to the forum. How do I actually get it?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis 1.3 - Updated 12/12/12 New Progress for Frodo Updates3