Resolution Promblems
I just purchased a new receiver for my home theater setup, and am having some problems.

One of the main reasons i upgraded my receiver is so i could plug all my HDMI inputs into it, and output from one HDMI port to my TV.

However there is a problem, XBMC runs on my HTPC and is on 24/7. However when i turn on my TV and receiver and set it to the proper input xbmc's resolution will not be 1080p like i set it to. Instead it is something like 1370*xxx.

There is a fix, but it involves finding my mouse closing XMBC and opening it again. Now is there any way around this? or will i have to bypass the receiver?
I have same problem.
Same issue here and it seemed to start when I added a sound bar.
I have no idea how to make this stick on Windows, but for one possible solution see the "Pin 19" trick on HDMI (wiki).
(2011-02-13, 00:22)dehoog Wrote: I just purchased a new receiver for my home theater setup, and am having some problems.

One of the main reasons i upgraded my receiver is so i could plug all my HDMI inputs into it, and output from one HDMI port to my TV.

However there is a problem, XBMC runs on my HTPC and is on 24/7. However when i turn on my TV and receiver and set it to the proper input xbmc's resolution will not be 1080p like i set it to. Instead it is something like 1370*xxx.

There is a fix, but it involves finding my mouse closing XMBC and opening it again. Now is there any way around this? or will i have to bypass the receiver?

You don't say if the resolution problems are for other inputs or only the computer. If the only problem input is the computer, you have an OS problem with the computer not always seeing a connected monitor. You have to go to your video out properties (right click on the desktop screen in Windows and select Properties) or go to Settings --> video in Linux and force the video out to remain on even when the Receiver / Monitor / TV is not on or selected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution Promblems0